Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

How to customize Author Icon

I've got a generic author icon from the existing list and would like to make it something that more accurately reflects my interests. When I go to my profile it will let me select other existing icons from the list, but I see no way to add a new icon. Is such a thing possible?

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    You get to upload and insert your own avatar on the 15th of the month. image
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can upload it today from your profile tab. I don't think they ever turned it off. Right underneath the Select Your Icon:

Upload your own author icon

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    It has never allowed me to change my avatar on the 15th. image

It could have something to do with using a Mac though.

-Dan
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there is no more waiting for the 15th. The curtain stays open all the time now, as of my last check. Should be available on the Profile tab right now.

(Just checked. Yep. Upload is enabled.)

So we once more have free upload privileges. The catch is, your avatar will not be stored in the database as before, so if you ever upload a new one, you will lose the previous one.

But you should be able to upload one right now. Filesize limitation is 100 kb. Max dimensions 100 x 100 pixels.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I did read about a magic 15th of the month opportunity, but the last two months found no option. I know the spot you're referring to, Don, but there isn't anything there on my screen.

As Dan mentions, I am on a Mac. I have tried both Safari and Firefox browsers with no luck. I could understand if something behind the scenes did not work on one browser or OS, but I would think the option would at least be visible regardless.

Does it have anything to do with how many posts you've made?

Any other thoughts welcome.
  • Options
    Nothing to do with how many post you have. It may have to do with a Mac. My PC, IE something, sees it.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Nothing to do with how many post you have. It may have to do with a Mac. My PC, IE something, sees it. >>

Likewise. Must be a Mac issue.

The old "15th of the month" limited upload has fallen by the wayside. It is open all the time now, but with the limitations I mentioned. (At least if you've got IE, I guess.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Looks like the browser type is the issue.

For others who have Mac:
    1) Go to your forum profile page
    2) In Safari 6 (I have 6.05) go to the "Develop" menu and select User Agent > Internet Explorer 9.0 and voila! the option to customize your icon will show up.

After an enjoyable survey of many coins of Europe and with thanks to Zohar for guidance, I've identified the coins of Isabel II of Spain as my focus.

I've implemented my new icon of a recent acquisition Isabel II 100 Reales to reflect this.

Thanks again for your help!

Pat
  • Options
    Glad you were able to find it.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    It's really satisfying when you transition from 'general collector of all things' to focused aficionado. Enjoy your Isabella newps! and nice avatar image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>It's really satisfying when you transition from 'general collector of all things' to focused aficionado. >>

Or, in my case, from focused aficionado back to a general collector of all things.

I'm doing it in reverse. image