Home Sports Talk
Options

POLL: What happens to Alex Rodriguez?

stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Who cares, even the Yankees don't!
  • Options
    The Yanks have about a hundred million reasons why they care what happens.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't a lifetime ban negate A-Rod's contract? The Yankees would save a heck of a lot of money.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Doesn't a lifetime ban negate A-Rod's contract? The Yankees would save a heck of a lot of money. >>

Braun was suspended without pay, so one could assume the Yanks would be off the hook.

In related news, don't shoot the messenger:

MLB prepared to ban A-Rod for life, suspend eight other
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    In the article it says 8 others besides A-Rod will be suspended which include Nelson Cruz, peralta and Cabrera. Who else is getting suspended?
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options

<< <i>Who else is getting suspended? >>

Think it's mostly unknown players and recall one being an Astros minor leaguer (think from the DR).

According to ESPN, A-Rod is negotiating/cooperating with MLB. If they do a plea deal and he accepted the self-inflicted punishment; I think he gets suspended for the remaining games in 2013, all of 2014, and then returns in 2015.
  • Options

<< <i>Besides the PED issues, his alleged attempt to buy and destroy evidence and tamper with a witness is sufficient enough for a long suspension. That with the PED use seems to justify a lifetime ban, but my guess is both sides will agree to a comporise. >>

The cover-up is always worse than the crime.

• Options
  • Options
    Per numerous reports, A-Rod is balking at reaching a deal with MLB.

Now the Feds are knocking.. Uh oh.
  • Options
    I didn't know about this or perhaps it was recently leaked but allegedly, A-Rod actively solicited players to the Biogenesis clinic.

If that's the case, MLB proposing a lifetime bam makes perfect sense. Doubtful it happens but the grounds for doing so would be totally justified.
  • Options
    Per numerous reports, the hammer will be dropped tomorrow.

If A-Rod sucks up his over-inflated ego, he'll sit out until 2015. If not, see ya!
  • Options
    zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

He's not going down without a fight. I believe he can still play during an appeal process. It will get ugly.
  • Options
    Wait for it, A-Rod goes down, Yanks get free from his contract and start buying players left and right this off season.
  • Options

<< <i>He's not going down without a fight. I believe he can still play during an appeal process. It will get ugly. >>

Honestly, I hope he does. Gives fans attending his game(s) an opportunity to voice their displeasure and he'll hear it loud and clear.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bigger and more important question is - What happens to MLB?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.