Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1956 Topps Adventure Boxing

Does anybody know why it says "1956 Topps Adventure Boxing" and not "1956 Gum Inc. Adventure Boxing"? I cannot find anything that links Topps to this set.

Comments

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I do not know anything about boxing, but a friend, David Hornish, has a new publication entitled "The Modern Hobby Guide To Topps Chewing Gum; 1938 to 1956, which discusses and checklists all Topps cards of any sort in that period. If you google that title I think you will find you can either buy it in hard copy or access it on line for free. There maybe a link to it on Dave's blog toppsarchives.blogspot.com. If it is not in there it probably isn''t Topps
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Thanks! I posted the question there.
  • I sent this e-mail to the set registry folks.

Why is set labeled "Topps"?

I have searched and searched and found nothing that links this set to "Topps", on the back of the cards it says "Gum Products Inc 1956", they were issued in Canada by "World Wide Gum" and in the USA by "Jaw Teasers Inc."
    This set should be called "1956 Gum Products Inc Adventure Boxing" or I would prefer "1956 Gum Inc Adventure Boxing", the same as the "1956 Gum Inc Adventure" which is the full set (not just the boxing cards).
  • halosfanhalosfan Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭✭
    If any of you have #86 or #90 in this set in 8 or better I'm a buyer
    Looking for a Glen Rice Inkredible and Alex Rodriguez cards
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    There is a boxing card forum on NET 54. Someone there may be able to chip in on this
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • MorrellManMorrellMan Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭
    Hadn't really noticed that until you pointed it out. It's just a PSA mistake. I think probably the only they've ever made. image
    Mark (amerbbcards)

"All evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
  • They are now called "1956 Adventure Boxing"