Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Does anyone here live in Baltimore?

I wrote the following article for the Baltimore Sun last evening. I am not sure if it ran in today's printed edition. If any of you are in Baltimore and can check or pick up a copy and let me know, I'd appreciate it.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-drungo-hazewood-0731-20130730,0,557492.story

Comments

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    I do, I'll swing by the store and see if they have any copies. Nice article.

Lee
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Nice article and a great story. It's amazing how good some players were that most people never knew.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I do, I'll swing by the store and see if they have any copies. Nice article.

Lee >>

Which means he wont move from his chair, and then tell you there weren't any.
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is in the print version of today's Baltimore Sun. Page 6 of the sports section.
    Daniel
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Very well written piece. Really enjoyed it. Congratulations.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    Through a good friend in Charlotte, I was able to obtain a few autographs from Mr. Hazewood (including one on a game used bat) when the 1980 Charlotte Orioles club held their 30th reunion back in 2010.

RIP Drungo

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    There weren't any.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There weren't any. >>

Well played...LMAO!
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Thanks all for the feedback and the good words. That Charlotte reunion in 2010 was the only reunion he attended in his post-playing days.
  • Options
    I spent 5 great years in Glen Burnie, thanks for posting this, will share will my Maryland friends.
  • Options

<< <i>......If any of you are in Baltimore and can check or pick up a copy and let me know, I'd appreciate it......... >>

So, did anyone ever pick you up a copy, and if they did, did you appreciate it?
  • Options
    So, did anyone ever pick you up a copy, and if they did, did you appreciate it?

'Appreciate' is such a relative term. For example, in order to show appreciation some people would thank a complete stranger for driving to the store, buying a newspaper at their request, packing it so it wouldn't get damaged, taking it to the post office and shipping it to their home for no other reason than to do something nice for somebody. Some might even show their appreciation by offering to reimburse the money that was put out. On the other hand, others might show their appreciation by saying and doing nothing at all. So you see, there are definitely grey areas when examining whether something is appreciated or not.
  • Options

<< <i>.......others might show their appreciation by saying and doing nothing at all........... >>

No one would be that much of a douche, would they?
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Just wanna say, I love the humor in this thread image

My in-laws live in Baltimore and read the Sun all the time. In fact, my father-in-law emails me 3-4 stories each week which he believes will interest me (he's retired). So ... we're going to visit for Thanksgiving. I will see if he still has this issue lying around. He might. Actually, better idea: I'll call him first thing tomorrow and ask him to hold it for me until turkey day. This way I don't have to gamble on whether he decides to start recycling or not.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    Someone sent me a copy of the newspaper, but with no note and no name on it, I have no idea who it came from. If it was someone from here, thank you. I don't check this forum religiously.
  • Options
    So when I sent you a pm saying I bought your paper, your article was in it and needed your address to which you replied with your address, that could've been your first clue that I was the one that sent it.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I missed it in the Sac Bee. I wish I had picked it up and sent to this guy so I could receive all the thanks.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Not sure I am reading this correctly but is the top comment below the article, by hitemout, trying to saying he is John Lowenstein commenting?

SacBee.com
  • Options
    Sorry, but you weren't the only person that asked me for my address saying they would send me a copy ... if it was you, thank you.

<< <i>So when I sent you a pm saying I bought your paper, your article was in it and needed your address to which you replied with your address, that could've been your first clue that I was the one that sent it. >>

• Options

<< <i>Sorry, but you weren't the only person that asked me for my address saying they would send me a copy......... >>

So then what you're saying is that there are multiple people that were shown no appreciation?
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    seems like it depreciated
  • Options
    The plus side in all of this was that I also picked up some Royal Farms fried chicken which was delicious. So the trip wasn't a total loss.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>seems like it depreciated >>

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE