Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1978 Topps Grading opinions needed - PRINT DOTS

I have several sharp and centered 1978s but some of them have print dots similar to the card below.

My question is does PSA allow ANY minor print dots on 1978 Topps for a grade of 9 or 10...and therefore what might cards like this one grade? Thanks in advance!

Here are a few more without the snow but with some light print spots on the white borders.

Comments

• Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Yes it should definitely knock a card down from a 10 for print dots, but that's not to say a few 10's don't get through with print dots. The Corcoran is not a 10, or at least should not be. It has a very noticeable tilt to go with the print dots. Maybe an 8

The other 2 I would guess are 9's
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    Minor dots, yes. From the "Grading Standards" page:

GEM-MT 10: Gem Mint
    A PSA Gem Mint 10 card is a virtually perfect card. Attributes include four perfectly sharp corners, sharp focus and full original gloss. A PSA Gem Mint 10 card must be free of staining of any kind, but an allowance may be made for a slight printing imperfection, if it doesn't impair the overall appeal of the card. The image must be centered on the card within a tolerance not to exceed approximately 55/45 to 60/40 percent on the front, and 75/25 percent on the reverse.

MINT 9: Mint
    A PSA Mint 9 is a superb condition card that exhibits only one of the following minor flaws: a very slight wax stain on reverse, a minor printing imperfection or slightly off-white borders. Centering must be approximately 60/40 to 65/35 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.