Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Am I missing something here?

ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
What is up with these lots at TT? Is there something rare about these?

1969-D 1c XF-40
1969-D 1c XF-45

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the opening bids are $100 and $170 I think we are both missing something here.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Everyman(s Change)?
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭
    No, you are not missing anything. These are very low pop coins. The population is only (5) coins! That is rare!

Edited to add: image (I always forget to do this!)
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    'No FG' varieties is the only thing that comes to mind, and I think I see the initials. Even if they were, and red uncirculated, I doubt they'd bring anywhere even close to that.
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm not saying numisma believes the pop is actually five but it is humorous to me when people see that pop number on the cert page and thing it means total population. image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    BustHalfBrianBustHalfBrian Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭
    Someone probably thought they were the 'Missing Designer's Initials' variety when submitting.
    Lurking and learning since 2010. Full-time professional numismatist.
  • Options
    Exactly. Submitter thought they had an FS-901 on their hands. Probably because ANACS is giving FS-901 attribution on weak FG so maybe they cracked it out of an ANACS holder hoping for it to cross.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,547 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Bigger Fool Theory" in action?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And this what makes TT hard to wade thru at times. Seeing junk like this along with the AT Morgans going well above sane retail makes me respect them less and less. I thought there was supposed to be some filtering going on. Wonder if this nonsense will be starting at $250 with the new consignment minimum?
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The word Shill comes to mind.
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file