Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Newbie: Inherited cards and a signed George Foster baseball

I just inherited a bunch of boxes of baseball cards. also int he boxes was a signed George Foster baseball from allegedly 1978 (in a protective plastic case).

How to I start guestimating value?

Comments

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    welcome and thanks for inventing a new forum term:

baseball carfs: a mixture of cards and barfs. image
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    welocme; I am familiar with those baseballs (they were an early seller of single signed baseballs; advertising in BB Digest, etc)...

not much value unfortunately with Foster...maybe $15-20

Welcome to the board

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    I think IronManFan was being generous with that estimate.

With the condition that it's in I don't see it covering the cost of a Starbucks coffee.
  • Yes, the ball is not worth much if anything at all. Too many single signed balls on sweet spot w/ strong signature from Foster who does numerous appearances annually.
  • Thanks for the replies.

I will now be going about figuring out what all the cards (carfs) are worth ;^) Any tips for getting started and what to look for?
  • wronglegwrongleg Posts: 441 ✭✭
    Do you know what years you have? After that the members here could make suggestions on what cards to look for? If it's in the same time period as the Foster there are some cards that have potential but generally only if they are in pristine condition. You could post scans of a few select cards if you already know what the better cards are. Good luck and welcome to the boards!