Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1971 Topps Greatest Moments uncut sheets on eBay

Too bad I don't have an extra five figures laying around. These do not become available too often. I have seen some smaller pix of uncut sheets but these pictures are nicer. A great peek at a classic and mysterious set.

71 TGM sheets
Daniel

Comments

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    I saw it too. Pretty impressive.

When I finish two other projects, I would like to start this set. I love the more narrative backs and the two photo fronts.

I looked back at my old Wholesale Cards and Stan Martucci catalogues (circa 1975). Wholesale had it at $19.99 and Martucci was at least $30. If you think that is bad, Wholesale had the 1971 Bazooka Hockey mixed in on a football page at something like $4.95.

How far are you into the set and, if I may ask, what is your average cost per card?

BTW, was Nate Colbert quintuple printed?
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL on Nate Colbert. That card is ALWAYS on ebay. I'm around 35 cards in, 20 to go. Finding it more difficult as I go along. Hard to say what the average cost is. I'm generally shooting for around PSA 6 or so.
    Daniel
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    Based upon Ebay listings, I would have to guess that the 2 column sheet cards appear more plentiful than the 3 column sheet cards.
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Great set! Have the #7 or 8 current set. Took many years to get here.
    Originally tried to get it in PSA-7. But that's like impossible.
    Best of luck on completing yours