Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dock Ellis and the LSD No-No

"Ooh, I just made a touchdown!" Hilarious animated video about Dock Ellis' no-hitter while on LSD, narrated by the late Dock Ellis himself.

Dock Ellis No-No

Comments

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw that video a while back. Very funny. One of my favorite quotes is, "What happened to yesterday??"lol..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting Pitcher- You, Sucka! lol

I would like to thank the makers of this video and the sponsors, 4SC, since I had to pick up a 1970 Dock Ellis after watching.

There is also another, looks to be a series, which is more introspective into baseball of the early 70's. Also, one of the comments seems to be from Dock's wife.

Beyond Ellis D
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    There is a hilarious musical tribute to this moment of alternative Americana from, arguably, the best singer songwriter of his generation, Todd Snider. It is called ” America's Past Time” and tells the colorful tale of that fateful night when sports history and recreational substance use became entwined forever...
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am planning to watch "No No, A Dockumentary" that is currently on Netflix. I found this hilarious bit from Robin Williams about it as well:

"Come to daddy!"
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am planning to watch "No No, A Dockumentary" that is currently on Netflix. I found this hilarious bit from Robin Williams about it as well:

"Come to daddy!" >>

Funny this was brought up...my wife was browsing through netflix a few hours ago and asked me if i would watch this with her tonight
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    i'm a dock fan, although I don't "no, no" as to whether or not it occurred.

the dockumentary is good though!

the dock is in!

edited: and yes, todd snider is the man! very cool song...
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Todd Snider is the best songwriter below the age of 70 on Planet Earth.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Todd Snider is the best songwriter below the age of 70 on Planet Earth. >>

He's not even the best songwriter under 70 named Todd! Assuming Todd Rundgren is still under 70. Just kidding, I actually have no idea who Todd snider is.

As for the no hitter on lsd, dock lost me when he said Richard Nixon was the umpire and he was pitching to jimi hendrix, who was swinging a guitar like a bat. That's just a little too perfect.
  • Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone who is really interested in Mr. Ellis owes it to themselves to read Donald Hall's excellent book Dock Ellis In The Country of Baseball.