Home Testing Forum
Options

BST swaplist draft, 7/28/13

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
All prices postpaid.

Ancient Greece: Cilicia, Tarsus, Civic Coinage, bronze AE21, ca. 2nd-1st centuries BC

NGC Fine (Strike 5/5, Surface 2/5). Ex Imperator Coins & Antiquities, 1/28/2013.

The seller was more specific with the date, placing it circa 164 BC. This was an extremely inexpensive piece, and cost me less than the slab it's in. Full disclosure: if you buy this, you're mostly paying for the plastic. Some might not mind that, though, because I thought this was neat enough to be worthy of a slab. Despite being relatively modest in grade, it does have some nice desert patina, and I've always liked those Tyche* portraits with the turreted crown. How often can you find NGC-slabbed ancients from the BC era in this pricerange? Slab images on the NGC cert verification page.*
$55.00

Australia: 7-coin proof set, 1985, original case.

KM-PS47; mintage 74,809. Seven coins: 1-, 2-, 5-, 10-, 20-, and 50-cent coins, plus kangaroo dollar. Original blue "leatherette" booklet-style case with snap closure. Some minor scuffiness to plastic but nothing major. Coins look great, with deep mirrors and DCAM contrast. 2013 KM catalog value = $65.00. I'll basically offer it for half that.
$33.00

Czechoslovakia: silver 100 Korun, 1977, PCGS PR66 DCAM.
KM88; .700 silver/.3376 oz. Low mintage and survival, top pop. Only 5,000 struck, many of which were withdrawn and melted in 1999.
$44.00.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.