Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cracking an SGC holder??

Does anyone have a link showing the best way to crack a card out of an SGC holder? Thanks, Andy

Comments

• Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257
    Find a skinny flat-head screwdriver. Insert said screwdriver into crack separating the two halves. Twist, move, repeat. They are the easiest slabs BY FAR to crack.
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! that was super easy - exactly as described. Cracked out a 1953 Topps Satchel Paige (50 VG/EX 4). Hoping it crosses to a PSA 4.

Daniel
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Almost troubling just how easy they are to crack open without damage.

• Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

It really is. I bought a T3 in late '15 that was ridiculously easy to crack. Didn't even need a screwdriver for it, as one side had started to separate on it's own.

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TNP777 said:
    It really is. I bought a T3 in late '15 that was ridiculously easy to crack. Didn't even need a screwdriver for it, as one side had started to separate on it's own.

SGC actually had a problem a few years ago with their large holders coming apart. I had a 1939 R303A Goudey Premium of Ted Williams where over half of one side and part of the bottom had separated, allowing the card to slide out of the black insert. I took it to the National Convention in 2013 and they reholdered it for me.

Steve