Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

World Wildlife Coins - 1997 Jamaica Manatee?

I understand but have not seen catalogued a World Wildlife (Fund") 1997 Crown for Jamaica with a manatee as the device. Probably 25 D. denomination.
Has anyone any information about this one? Not listed in Krause or elsewhere that I can find.

Royal Mint product...
Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
Well, just Love coins, period.

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    I was looking for these last night after seeing your post. There is absolutely no info on these. It is funny because I am finding the same problem finding info for a 1998 Netherlands mint 5 coin set of 2 1/2 Euros.

It is funny because one would not think that record keeping at the various mints would be nonexistent! Really?!!!

If you do not mind me asking, do you own this coin?

-Dan
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, not, but would be a buyer for sure in single or set form and ditto for the 1999.

Struck by the Royal Mint but have never seen this bit. Possibly from earlier posts you may have seen some of my concerns about them and quality control as well:

- Cayman Islands bits struck using Franklin Mint dies 1986-88
    - No assurance of actual RELEASED quantities of sets, esp. Cayman Isl. and Jamaica 1985-2002
    These were "authorized" at 500-1000, usu the former. How many struck AND released?
    Anecdotal evidence from watching these for about 10 years is that some are enormously scarcer than others.
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.