Home Autographs Forum
Options

Fun time at MLB Fanfest

Hi all - we were down in NY for the All-Star game last week, and spent a lot of time at Fanfest... and it was a great place to hunt for autographs if you've got an ASG coming near you in the future. My 14-year old son is really into all of this now and he did great as we hit Fanfest for a little while each of four days. Now, we're Mets fans, so it was designed for us... but event still there were lots of people signing for free (and a few you could pay for... but no reason to) throughout the week. He cleaned up. :-)

Anyway, just wanted to say if you ever get a chance to check it out, MLB puts on a great show!!!

Comments

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Thank you! I am glad you had a good time. Any autograph opportunities are wonderful - you may be the first to mention one in years! Thank you!

Eric
  • Options
    Well I know there are many who don't like paying for autographs (we feel that way...mostly because my son funds his collection of cards and such himself so he couldn't afford it!) so the chance to get so much for free and to meet and talk to (and get pictures with) these players is thrilling to him. I may forget some but highlights of who he met and got to sign balls and pose for pictures:

Darryl Strawberry
    Dwight Gooden
    Bud Harrelson
    Ed Kranepool
    Mookie Wilson
    Frank Thomas ("the Big Hurt" not the former Met)
    Juan Marichal
    Orlando Cepeda
    John Franco

And there were more but I can't remember now. But a great event!
  • Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780

<< <i>Well I know there are many who don't like paying for autographs (we feel that way...mostly because my son funds his collection of cards and such himself so he couldn't afford it!) so the chance to get so much for free and to meet and talk to (and get pictures with) these players is thrilling to him. I may forget some but highlights of who he met and got to sign balls and pose for pictures:

Darryl Strawberry
    Dwight Gooden
    Bud Harrelson
    Ed Kranepool
    Mookie Wilson
    Frank Thomas ("the Big Hurt" not the former Met)
    Juan Marichal
    Orlando Cepeda
    John Franco

And there were more but I can't remember now. But a great event! >>

Even I know some of those names image Wonderful. Glad your son had a great time - that is key.

Best wishes,
    Eric
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan