Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

3-Card Panel Question

I have a number of three card panels and other oversized (5x7) cards that I would like to send to PSA for grading. What is the best way to package those panels and oversized cards (they won't fit in CardSaver Is)?

Thanks for your help

Randy
Always buying George Brett Gem Mint Cards!

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    I put them in semi-rigid 8x10 holders when submitting
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Congratulations on having your Mike Schmidt set elected to the Hall of Fame! It is well-deserved. When I started putting the Brett set (and most of the registry) together back in 2001, I patterned it after your work on the Schmidt set and have admired what you have done with it. A somewhat known fact is that Brett was selected by the Royals with the 29th pick of the 1971 draft and the Phillies took Schmidt with the 30th pick. The two best third basemen of all time (not counting Mathews and Boggs) were taken back-to-back in the same draft.

What company makes semi-rigid 8x10s? I have looked but have been unable to find any. I have found mylar 8x10s for photographs, but they have openings on both ends, and rigid 8x10 rigids, but no semi-rigid 8x10s.

Thanks again

Randy
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't put them in 8x10 holders unless you have to!

Check ebay for "Top Loaders" that are slightly bigger than the items you have. Should make them easier and cheaper to ship.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Randy-

Thank you for the kind words.

I use something like this: Rigid 8x10 Top Loaders

I guess they're rigid, versus semi-rigid. I have some of those, which fit panels, box bottom panels, Johnny Pros, and some of the really supersize submissions. I also have similar holders in 5x7 and 6x9.

They're not exactly cheap, but it is the safest way I know to get these things to PSA undamaged, and I find overall they work pretty well.

Marc
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Thanks for the help!

Randy
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    you can also place the 3 card panel almost all the way in a card saver 4 then inside the rigid holder, that prevents any movment period. good luck.
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10