• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good prices !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Good prices !!! image >>

Gooder prices were available a couple weeks ago. I wonder how anyone can keep supplying these big bullion dealers at ever falling prices. At some point, someone has to be taking a loss.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didn't they have a big sale on silver just before it collapsed another 20%?

And what ever happened to the "massive" supply shortages and unrelenting demand? Are we at equilibrium now?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Didn't they have a big sale on silver just before it collapsed another 20%? >>

I do believe they have sales periodically regardless of price direction. And, unlike the futures market, it's probably always due to their supply vs. the current demand they are seeing.

<< <i>And what ever happened to the "massive" supply shortages and unrelenting demand? >>

you know as well as the rest of us that there is unprecedented demand for physical as the massive transfer from west to east continues.

<< <i>Are we at equilibrium now? >>

Only if the FED is not a player in this market. Deep down you know that they are.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up derryb.

I added a few more Maple Leafs. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Didn't they have a big sale on silver just before it collapsed another 20%? >>

I do believe they have sales periodically regardless of price direction. And, unlike the futures market, it's probably always due to their supply vs. the current demand they are seeing.

<< <i>And what ever happened to the "massive" supply shortages and unrelenting demand? >>

you know as well as the rest of us that there is unprecedented demand for physical as the massive transfer from west to east continues.

Only if the FED is not a player in this market. Deep down you know that they are. >>

Wasnt there a massive transfer from east to west about 200-300 years ago?

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Only if the FED is not a player in this market. Deep down you know that they are. >>

Wasnt there a massive transfer from east to west about 200-300 years ago? >>

don't know, wasn't around

• Options
    So because you werent around it didnt happen?

What I know is that this "unprecedented demand" did not prevent prices from tumbling. This so-called fundamental is proving to be not so fundamental.

massive transfer from west to east continues

I also think this is a fairly bizarre argument. The East is very poor compared to the West. It is quite natural for assets and resources to migrate to growth opportunities. In 200 years these assets and resources will go to Africa. The "transfer of wealth" from Europe to America did not translate into the demise of Europe. Nor will wealth going to Asia result in the demise of the USA.

But we've really gone off topic. Sorry OP.

But I would like someone to answer whether there is a direct correlation to price of PMs to the "sales" at these large bullion houses. Do PMs fall shortly after these sales?

• Options
    Topic of this thread was to alert buyers of a discount. It began with the "new topic" button at the top of webpage. Learn to use it more often.

• Options
    I grabbed a couple of maples.

• Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I grabbed a couple of maples. >>

Thats the style. I picked up maples plus the last two Engelhard 100 oz silver bars they had in stock.