Home PSA Set Registry Forum

All-Time Cowboys & All-Time Cowboys Rookies

The recent additions to these sets have been posted and I was wondering why Ratliff didn't receive approval from many of the collectors? The All-Time Cowboys rookies is full of less deserving choices and I was wondering why Ratliff was turned down.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
title.

Comments

• JasP24JasP24 Posts: 4,645 ✭✭✭
    How was Deion Sanders added to the All-Time Cowboys Rookies set, when Deion was a rookie for the Falcons??? Yikes

So glad I'm off these sets now...Have to guess then that the majority of collectors of the set, don't even realize what that set is. It's comprised of cards of players who had a significant impact as a ROOKIE for the COWBOYS...lolol

This isn't a set I created either, I have no vested interest. But this would be like adding Emmitt Smith to the All-Time QB set because he threw a HB option pass once...
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.
  • dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How was Deion Sanders added to the All-Time Cowboys Rookies set, when Deion was a rookie for the Falcons??? Yikes

So glad I'm off these sets now...Have to guess then that the majority of collectors of the set, don't even realize what that set is. It's comprised of cards of players who had a significant impact as a ROOKIE for the COWBOYS...lolol

This isn't a set I created either, I have no vested interest. But this would be like adding Emmitt Smith to the All-Time QB set because he threw a HB option pass once... >>

I had no idea that was the theme of the set. I always thought one was for 1st tier guys and the other was for 1st & 2nd tier All-Time Cowboys players.

title.
    The title if the set is your first clue. Hence why none of the other all-time sets end with "Rookies". The other clue is that Quincy Carter is on the set. Lol. Is he even a top 1,000 Cowboys player?

My complaint really is with PSA. They make up rules as they go, allow people to create such sets, then years down the road don't follow their own guidance. For everyone who thinks the HOF RC sets won't end up with autographed cards and/or cards numbered less than /999 you are going to be in for a rude awakening a few years down the road. It's going to happen.
    I'm here to question, not to inspire or build up. To live how I want, as I see fit,
    according to my values and my needs. Nothing holds dominion over me, I stand alone as the ruler of my life.

<< <i>The title if the set is your first clue. Hence why none of the other all-time sets end with "Rookies". The other clue is that Quincy Carter is on the set. Lol. Is he even a top 1,000 Cowboys player?

My complaint really is with PSA. They make up rules as they go, allow people to create such sets, then years down the road don't follow their own guidance. For everyone who thinks the HOF RC sets won't end up with autographed cards and/or cards numbered less than /999 you are going to be in for a rude awakening a few years down the road. It's going to happen. >>

The title might be a clue if the set actually consisted of players who performed well as rookies instead of guys who blossomed after their rookie season. IMO the set is now a registry for 1st and 2nd tier all time Cowboys.

title.
  • I agree. I think Deion Sanders and Quincy Carter should be removed from that set. I said something to PSA about it and they said that the individuals in the set voted and agreed to allow it?

I think we should re-vote and remove those cards.

It's a little early, but I would much rather see Dez Bryant or Sean Lee, or Romo. They have done more for the Cowboys than Quincy ever did.
    Collecting Graded Cowboys. Especially Emmitt Smith, Tony Dorsett and Troy Aikman!

<< <i>I agree. I think Deion Sanders and Quincy Carter should be removed from that set. I said something to PSA about it and they said that the individuals in the set voted and agreed to allow it?

I think we should re-vote and remove those cards.

It's a little early, but I would much rather see Dez Bryant or Sean Lee, or Romo. They have done more for the Cowboys than Quincy ever did. >>

I agree, their current players who have done more than Carter and a number of others already in the set.

title.
    Problem is, PSA isnt going to re-vote these sets every year when a new group of collectors come aboard.

The initial set was uploaded even before my time on the Registry. Before any of the All-Time Great Team Sets. It consisted of any/every Cowboys rookie irregardless of performance levels. How Deion Sanders ended up on it, I have no idea. Most likely collectors were confused as to which set they were voting for, as PSA has allowed FAR too may similar sets.

It is what it is...Good luck getting PSA to re-vote cards off. And even if they open that Pandora's box, good luck convincing all the collectors to this way of thinking. Since no standards were published for the set, its open to interpretation.

Unfortunate really.

Jason
    Its been a few years and I was wondering if anyone would oppose the removal of the following players from the set:

ROGER RUZEK (No clue as why he is in the set)
    ERIC BJORNSON (No clue as to why he is in the set)
    QUINCY CARTER (He was a 3 year veteran when he "led" the Cowboys to the Playoffs with a 17 TD : 21 INT performance and was in no way or form a 2nd or even 3rd tier All Time Cowboy)
    JULIUS JONES (I somewhat understand this selection but Marion Barber had a far better Cowboy career and would be a better pick for the set IMO).

I am not sold on Saldi, Springs, or Newsome but they were contributors on the Cowboys teams they were on and played several years for the francise.

title.
  • rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was for rookie cards of guys that were rookies as Cowboys. It is quite an undertaking and one I would never start.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
    Originally posted by: rexvos
    I thought it was for rookie cards of guys that were rookies as Cowboys. It is quite an undertaking and one I would never start.

I was never quite sure what the set was for until Jason said it initially started as a set for Cowboys players who had good rookie seasons. Over time it seems to have evolved into a home for players that are All Time Greats as well as guys who are/were tier 2 and tier 3 franchise stars and role players.

title.
    The Cowboys Rookies set has always been a strange one..Its one of the older sets on the Key Card Football Registry, it was already there when I found the Registry back in 02-03.

I think its tough to get cards removed, even when they logically should be. Its not impossible but you would need to look at the current collectors of the set and see how many already own the cards in question. Most casual fans probably aren't going to vote a card off they own, and not sure how many who collect that set are truly hardcore about completing it and having the "right" cards in it...

Worth a shot tho.

Jason