Home Precious Metals
Options

PM Trading Day End?

BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
Does the current day's spot pricing end at midnight CDT or some other time?

Comments

• Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Spot trading is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. The current trading day ends at 5pm NY time, although trading never stops.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Yup, go to kitco.com and the all metals tab. We punt the market over seas for a few hours while we sleep.

For example, the market is open right now and Silver and Gold is down.

• Options
    The current spot price change of -$32.66 looks to be a continuation of Friday's decline. I expect it will reset to $0 after midnight.
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Different website will use different times to reset. But the international standard is 5pm NY.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Spot trading is open 24 hours a day, 5 days a week. The current trading day ends at 5pm NY time, although trading never stops. >>

Actually, it ends 5:15 pm EDST time and opens again at 6:00 pm EDST when the markets open in Asia where it's morning the next day.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many metal participants use the London Bullion Market Association's twice a day price fix (no pun intended), the AM and the PM.

How it works

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    FWIW I use the pricing on the bulliondirect site and they stop updating at 5 pm my time on Friday afternoon and resume around midnight on Sunday.

As of this time they are showing it as a continuation of Friday pricing at -$17 whereas JMbullion shows it as +$14 from the most current close.