Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

It's My Lucky Day!

So around 3pm I pinpointed a seller with some high-grade late 50s commons...looked like I might be able to pick up a few at low prices and flip them for a modest profit with a little patience. So I went about pricing them out, making some notes, etc. Around 4pm my wife asked me to go to CostCo with her to pick up some folding chairs. I told her "Sure, just let me put in these bids before we go." She wanted to leave ASAP because she has evening plans, so I went pretty quick.

First two cards I was immediately outbid on, but I put in a bid for $36.52 on the third card and was the high bidder at $31! Only to look down at my max bid, which was set at $352.00! Not sure how I made that typo, obviously just working too fast. My heart sank a little, since that's nearly ten times what I was actually willing to pay...but 30 mins later when the auction ended I had taken it for $34. Phew! Glad I didn't run into a last-minute shiller! Haha.

Anyone else have a lucky day?

Brad
Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    My driver finished forth in the Nascar pool. Only one more race to go, so I think that was good.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭

<< <i>Anyone else have a lucky day? >>

was s'posed to be 104 here today, but early this afternoon the clouds rolled in and the temps went down to the low 80's.

i shut off the central air a short time ago.

you decide. image
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will have to wait until tonight to let you know if I had a "lucky" day. image

Glad to hear you didn't pay 10x your desired price on the card though.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

<< <i>Glad to hear you didn't pay 10x your desired price on the card though. >>

image thanks. That wasn't likely, but I certainly could have paid twice my desired price.
    Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.