Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Positive eBay Customer Service Experience / Blocked Bidder List Candidate

Hi all. Just had a pretty positive experience calling eBay and I wanted to share, partially because I think this may have been the first positive experience I have had calling eBay customer service. Here's what happened:

A few weeks ago I sold a Michael Pineda Chrome XFractor PSA 10. I printed off my postage along with five other orders and sent them all out. Or so I thought. Because I print at home I always check the USPS site the day after I dropped off my packages just to make sure everything is OK and on its way. All the other cards showed acceptance at the post office except for the Pineda card. Weird. About a week later I check again, and the tracking number on the Pineda card still shows no acceptance at the post office. So I go through my inventory and sure enough, there's the card. I have no idea how this happened. Maybe my printer didn't actually print out the postage? Not sure, but either way I immediately jot down a note to the buyer apologizing for the delay and mistake and take the card over to the post office and mail it. The new tracking number shows Friday 6/28 as the expected delivery date. I check the tracking number on Friday evening and it shows that the card has been delivered.

On Saturday morning I get a message from the buyer (horses963214j) asking me if I had any more Pineda cards. I took this to mean he received his card, was happy with it, and wanted more. I did not respond and wasn't planning on responding until Sunday. (I was not home and didn't want to commit until I could check what I had at home.) Then Saturday evening another message pops on from horses963214j, claiming he never received his card.

So this whole thing seems suspect. I feel he is trying to scam me. So I call eBay, expecting them to tell me something about how they have to go by the original tracking number. But no! I was told that I am fully protected because I do have the new tracking number, which I added to the listing, and that they are making a note on the account and that if he tries to open a dispute he will fail because of the tracking number and the information on file because of the call. I have called eBay with very simple questions and requests a few times before, and I never hung up the phone satisfied. It was as if whatever I wanted, they wanted to tell me the opposite was true. It was nice for once to hang up the phone feeling that eBay took my issue seriously and letting me know I am covered in case this buyer tries to scam me.

Here is the buyer's ID again, in case you are selling any Michael (ha) Pineda cards: horses963214j

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy

Comments

• 1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    Does the second tracking number show that it was received?
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    Yes, it does. I need to add that to the story. Thanks for the heads up!
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy