Home Precious Metals
Options

I picked up a couple Fit Bit One's yesterday...

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
Does anyone else compare how much PMs they could have purchased with the money they spend on other stuff?

Figuring $25 an once, I could have picked up 8 ounces of Silver (ASEs) yesterday image But I guess this is a good investment since it's for our health (Wife and I got one).

I also purchased a tire for $61... that's 2.5 more ounces lost image

Comments

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Didnt know what a fit bit was until now. Very cool.

Could you let me know how you like it, if it works well etc. I'll look into getting one if it works image

Thanks!
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Pretty cool. Where did you get it for $25? I see it on their website for $100.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options

<< <i>Pretty cool. Where did you get it for $25? I see it on their website for $100. >>

Oh no, they are $99 bucks anywhere you go. We opted to go to Target to get them on the spot rather than ordering them through the mail.

I was saying that an ASE could be had for $25, not a Fit Bit One.
  • Options

<< <i>Didnt know what a fit bit was until now. Very cool.

Could you let me know how you like it, if it works well etc. I'll look into getting one if it works image

Thanks! >>

Will do, I can say that the set up was incredibly easy. Walking around the house I put on 43 steps just feeding the car and walking from room to room.

My sister and her husband have had them for some time and they like how they can compete together. (Comparing amount of steps in the day).

More to follow.

• Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Pretty cool. Where did you get it for $25? I see it on their website for $100. >>

Oh no, they are $99 bucks anywhere you go. We opted to go to Target to get them on the spot rather than ordering them through the mail.

I was saying that an ASE could be had for $25, not a Fit Bit One. >>

Ah nvm. I read that wrong. I was looking at the Fitbit Flex. $100 is a bit too steep though.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks! >>

Will do, I can say that the set up was incredibly easy. Walking around the house I put on 43 steps just feeding the car and walking from room to room.

My sister and her husband have had them for some time and they like how they can compete together. (Comparing amount of steps in the day).

How hungry was the car? image
    I burn abt 3700 Cal in 24 hrs doing nothing...1# weight is = to abt 3500 I hear.
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Yes. It amazes me what I'll spend when I compare it to a potential PM purchase.
    I'd rather have a downed-valued PM than some of the no value purchases, such as on dinning out. Other things such as
    hobbies and supplies and expenses to support the ventures are totally lost monetary values. Then there's the trailing
    thought as to putting that 'money not spent' into another investment or secure holder.

<< <i>Does anyone else compare how much PMs they could have purchased with the money they spend on other stuff? image >>

COA
  • Options

<< <i>

Thanks! >>

I burn abt 3700 Cal in 24 hrs doing nothing...1# weight is = to abt 3500 I hear. >>

Ummm, not sure what you were trying to say there.

Here is some info to help.

One pound of fat has 3,500 calories in it. Yes, your body burns calories just sitting still, think about how warm your body is, if you got to cold, well, you would die.

When eating:

1 gram of protein has 4 calories.

1 gram of Carbohydrates has 4 calories.

1 gram of fat has 9 calories.

That said, if you eat something with 4 grams of protein you will be eating 16 calories.

If you eat something with 4 grams of fat, you will be eating 36 calories.... the calories add up fast.

It is much easier to eat the right food, or small amounts of the bad food than it is to burn off the calories once you eat them.

It is said that weight loss is 75% the food you eat, and 25% the exercise that you do.

best.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks! >>

I burn abt 3700 Cal in 24 hrs doing nothing...1# weight is = to abt 3500 I hear. >>

One pound of fat has 3,500 calories in it. Yes, your body burns calories just sitting still, think about how warm your body is, if you got to cold, well, you would die.

When eating:

That said, if you eat something with 4 grams of protein you will be eating 16 calories.

If you eat something with 4 grams of fat, you will be eating 36 calories.... the calories add up fast.

It is much easier to eat the right food, or small amounts of the bad food than it is to burn off the calories once you eat them.

It is said that weight loss is 75% the food you eat, and 25% the exercise that you do.

best. >>

You typed feeding the "car"..image
    I have gone from 257 to 214 in 5 months by eating proper food and 1/2 hour on elliptical 3 days a week. I really gained when I left the service. I like how I feel and my doctor is happyimage
    UCSB Electrical Engineering....... USCG and NASA
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thanks! >>

When eating:

best. >>

You typed feeding the "car"..image
    I have gone from 257 to 214 in 5 months by eating proper food and 1/2 hour on elliptical 3 days a week. I really gained when I left the service. I like how I feel and my doctor is happyimage >>

I got it now image Feeding the Cat is what i did...lol. I too put on a few lbs when I left the service. I have an elliptical in the house too image I use it to hang clothes on. Excellent job, I hope to never hit the 250 mark though, my 5-7 frame could not handle it.

I'm adding the Fit Bit to the mix to provoke a little excitement to the weight loss.

Good luck with meeting your goals.

• Options

<< <i>Yes. It amazes me what I'll spend when I compare it to a potential PM purchase.
    I'd rather have a downed-valued PM than some of the no value purchases, such as on dinning out. Other things such as
    hobbies and supplies and expenses to support the ventures are totally lost monetary values. Then there's the trailing
    thought as to putting that 'money not spent' into another investment or secure holder.

<< <i>Does anyone else compare how much PMs they could have purchased with the money they spend on other stuff? image >>

>>

I talk so much about it that my wife does it too, especially when we go out to eat image
  • Options

Thanks! >>

A quick update, my wife and I have used our Fitbit daily since we received them and thus far we like them.

We are able to track how many steps we take, how many miles we walk, calories burned in a day, very active minutes, floors climbed, weight (manually added) and achievements made. At least once per day we take them out and compare how we are doing (She's always kicking my butt) and we constantly try to meet our goals.

The goals start out at 5,000 steps per day (Which isn't hard to do unless you are unemployed and lazy)... I missed it a few times already...lol.

Overall, so far they were a good purchase. If you are a runner or competitive, you may want to get a GPS or something a little more advanced but for casual walking, this works for us. (BTW, I have a GPS watch but).

One important note is, the device takes about 3 hours to charge and they last for at least a week before it needs to be charged again.