Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

July 2013 PSA Grading Specials

Any news on PSA grading specials for July 2013?
Mystery Card Shopper

Comments

• kwtozkwtoz Posts: 352 ✭✭

<< <i>Nothing posted to their site or Facebook yet.

Here's hoping for a cool $5.50 (or less!) special. >>

No chance. PSA is horribly behind. A great special would make it worse.

Monday will be day 57 of a 45-day March special submission.

About two weeks ago, I sent in my membership renewal. Web pages show it as expired. I sent email Friday morning asking about this. So far, no reply. I normally get same day replies to email.

PSA must be incredibly busy.
    Kevin Thomas
  • bbuckner22bbuckner22 Posts: 1,028

<< <i>PSA must be incredibly busy. >>

and under staffed
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • StoogeStooge Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA hasn't had a $5.00 or below special in over 15 months. If they are truly behind then I don't see one of these great specials for months if not ever.

$6.00 is the new $5.00.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [i$6.00 is the new $5.00]

This is correct. Or at least 6.00 is the new 5.50. When PSA raised rates on January 1, that essentially ended any possibility of a 5.50 or less special coming around again.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Nothing posted to their site or Facebook yet.

Here's hoping for a cool $5.50 (or less!) special. >>

No chance. PSA is horribly behind. A great special would make it worse.

Monday will be day 57 of a 45-day March special submission.

About two weeks ago, I sent in my membership renewal. Web pages show it as expired. I sent email Friday morning asking about this. So far, no reply. I normally get same day replies to email.

PSA must be incredibly busy. >>

My last 45-day sub popped in a week and a half. I've found poppage is much quicker for smaller (under 40 or so) orders, though my sample size isn't really big enough to be meaningful on that.
    Who do you know? :-)

Aug 2012, 38 cards, 60 days
    Jan 2013, 32 cards, 55 days
    Mar 2013, 35 cards, 57+ days
    Kevin Thomas
  • ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    I think PSA has accomplished what they set out to do. That was to force a lot of impatient ones, myself included to pay the higher grading fees for quicker turnarounds. Before everyone could get 5 day turnaround or less or at worst 10 day turnarounds for the lowest special prices. Why pay the higher priced fees when you could get that kind of service. Now those days are gone unless you are very lucky. Case in point I recently paid extra($8 per card) for a 25 day sub. It popped in 5 days. I also just sent in a 45 day sub and don't expect to see grades until some time this fall. PSA finally wised up and has quit giving great service for the cheapest prices. Can't really blame them.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    It's July so you know what that means... New Collectors Club Specials!

#1: $5.25 per card, 50 card minimum, 1956- Present, Non-Sports Cards Only with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround. (Regular, Tallboys, and Thicker/Patch cards are permitted; however, Supersized, T3s, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are excluded)

#2: $5.75 per card, 25 card minimum, 1956-Present, All Sports/Non-Sports Cards with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround. (Regular, and Tallboys are permitted; however, Thicker/Patch cards, Supersized, T3s, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are excluded)

#3: $25 per card, No minimum quantity, with declared values under $500 per card, 5 day turnaround. (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch cards, and Coins/Pins are permitted; however, Supersized, T3s, and Autographed cards are excluded)

#4: $14 per card, No minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 10 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch cards, and Coins/Pins are permitted; however, Supersized, T3s, and Autographed cards are excluded)

Set-Registry Special: Pin/Coin Special- $8 per pin/coin, 10 item minimum, declared values under 100 per pin/coin, 30 day turnaround

DNA Special: 50% off single-signed items regularly $49 or less
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Who do you know? :-)

Aug 2012, 38 cards, 60 days
    Jan 2013, 32 cards, 55 days
    Mar 2013, 35 cards, 57+ days >>

I'm not sure exactly what determines it, but I'm only submitting cards from a particular non-sports set. Every time I've had a 45-day submission of these under 40 cards, it has popped in under two weeks, once in 3 days. This is all in the last 6 months.
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's July so you know what that means... New Collectors Club Specials!

#1: $5.25 per card, 50 card minimum, 1956- Present, Non-Sports Cards Only with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround. (Regular, Tallboys, and Thicker/Patch cards are permitted; however, Supersized, T3s, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are excluded)

#2: $5.75 per card, 25 card minimum, 1956-Present, All Sports/Non-Sports Cards with declared values under $100 per card, 45 day turnaround. (Regular, and Tallboys are permitted; however, Thicker/Patch cards, Supersized, T3s, Coins/Pins and Autographed cards are excluded)

#3: $25 per card, No minimum quantity, with declared values under $500 per card, 5 day turnaround. (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch cards, and Coins/Pins are permitted; however, Supersized, T3s, and Autographed cards are excluded)

#4: $14 per card, No minimum quantity, with declared values under $250 per card, 10 day turnaround (Regular, Tallboys, Thicker/Patch cards, and Coins/Pins are permitted; however, Supersized, T3s, and Autographed cards are excluded)

Set-Registry Special: Pin/Coin Special- $8 per pin/coin, 10 item minimum, declared values under 100 per pin/coin, 30 day turnaround

DNA Special: 50% off single-signed items regularly $49 or less >>

Woot. Just renewed in June. Good timing.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • That's a surprisingly low cost. I'm guessing there are less submissions during the summer months and maybe that's why?
    $5.25 is as good as $4.75 pre-rate increase. Nice!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • belzbelz Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭
    How does it work if any particular card would sell for $1,000 at a grade of a 9 yet under $500 for a 8 and under $100 for a 7? Seems tough to make a determination on which service to submit under? If I think I have a 9 but submit at the cheapest rate would that factor into the grading? Little confusing to me as I prepare submittals for the first time.
    "Wots Uh The Deal" by Pink Floyd
    What is your source for the info? Web pages still list the June specials?
    Kevin Thomas

<< <i>How does it work if any particular card would sell for $1,000 at a grade of a 9 yet under $500 for a 8 and under $100 for a 7? Seems tough to make a determination on which service to submit under? If I think I have a 9 but submit at the cheapest rate would that factor into the grading? Little confusing to me as I prepare submittals for the first time. >>

Declared value is for insurance purposes primarily. I would never assume a value of PSA 9 on a raw card, unless you want to pay more to sub it. If a card is valued at $100 in PSA 7 grade, you will be abler to sub it under the monthly special. Obviously if it's a Ryan RC or a 60s Mantle, though, that wouldn't be the case if it were in NM (or better) condition.

<< <i>What is your source for the info? Web pages still list the June specials? >>

Facebook

DNA Special: 50% off single-signed items regularly $49 or less

• RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I won on the 14/10 day, lost on the 5.75/45..the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese!
  • RyanAdmirerRyanAdmirer Posts: 632 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What is your source for the info? Web pages still list the June specials? >>

Facebook

$5.25 looks really good until you read "non-sports cards only". I'll take $5.75 though.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$5.25 looks really good until you read "non-sports cards only". I'll take $5.75 though. >>

DAMN
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com

<< <i>

<< <i>

Facebook

$5.25 looks really good until you read "non-sports cards only". I'll take $5.75 though. >>

Doh!! That's tricky right there!

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$5.25 looks really good until you read "non-sports cards only". I'll take $5.75 though. >>

OUCH! Maybe I should read the fine print... that sucks. lol
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    I bet a lot of people miss that when sending stuff in
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    I missed it first read
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    Guess I will wait for the national drop off special
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Wrestling cards are in SMR as non-sports but are in sports as well on other situations..... I may have to get a ruling! LOL
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    50 card minimum for non-sports?
    That seems high
  • Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I called customer service. Wrestling is not accepted for the $5.25 special.

• wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Bummer, but PSA says it is a sport so there is that for those that disagree, LOL
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Classic, I've submitted Wrestling cards in the past under Non Sports Only Specials, if you guys are considering it I would make another phone call. As WCK said it's listed right in the SMR as Non Sports.
  • SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Bummer, but PSA says it is a sport so there is that for those that disagree, LOL >>