Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

I win item, seller never ships, I win case to get a refund, ebay removes my neg. (?)

So I bought an item a while back and paid immediately. The seller never responded to any communication and ultimately I had to open a case and Ebay immediately granted a refund. I left a neg.

A few weeks later I get an email that says:

<< <i>Subject: MC999 FB Alert: Feedback abuse - eBay Information Alert

Your eBay account has recently been involved in activity that violates our Feedback abuse policy.

The following Feedback was left from your account:

No item, no communication. I had to open a case to got a refund.

Comments referring to an eBay or PayPal investigation aren't allowed. This recent account activity doesn't follow our guidelines. >>

Ebay also removed the feedback I left and didn't give me an ability to leave another.

So, who says Ebay doesn't support it's sellers? image
My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

Comments

• Options
    I hope eBay doesn't do the same for one I had to leave recently for a seller who turned out to be a liar and a nightmare to deal with. I wrote: WARNING! SELLS FAKE AUTO'S. JSA VERIFIED. AVOID THIS SELLER. EBAY CAN REFUND YOU.

I've never heard of that policy you just mentioned and them removing feedback but I'm sure the seller probably complained and had eBay remove it. At least you got your funds back which is most important. Maybe you can buy a low dollar item from tht same buyer and yet still leave your feedback.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe you can buy a low dollar item from tht same buyer and yet still leave your feedback. >>

That's great advice if you're trying to get digicat suspended from ebay.
  • Options
    I was kidding but then again I kinda wasn't.
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    They were not supporting the seller. It was a legal issue. It is unfortunate but it is what it is. They are many strict rules regarding feedback. Any infraction no matter how small will result in removal if reported. One popular rule that is broken all of the time is sellers leaving a negative comment positive feedback for buyers. Leaving any type of negative comment for a buyer is just not allowed. A quick phone call will get it removed immediately.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    news flash (to no one) EBAY SUCKS
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Looking at the rules, here's the one they're talking about (in terms of prohibited types of feedback):

"References to eBay or PayPal investigations"

Seems like it'd be an important bit of information to pass on to a dead-beat seller's potential customers.

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Heh. The ebay feedback policy has this on it's "allowed feedback" list:

"While insulting language, like "fraud," "liar," "cheater," "scam artist," or "con man," is strongly discouraged, Feedback containing such language won't be removed unless it also contains some type of content that isn't allowed. "

So, this isn't allowed: "No item, no communication. I had to open a case to got a refund."

But this would be: "FRAUD!!!! SCAMMER TRIED TO STEAL MY MONEY!!!!!"

• Options
    I personally don't see anything wrong with what you wrote. Only thing I can think of is that they want the seller and buyer to work things out themselves and would prefer that you don't write anything regarding eBay because they might not want a million cases opened and also, usually with eBays buyer protection program, eBay usually is the one who refunds the buyer out of there own pockets or at least at first.