Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

There is no recovery in cards and memorabilia

The prices are still very low . Things definitely are selling too cheap, we are a long way from the pre 2007 levels. Very much a buyers' market .

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    we must not be bidding in the same auctions.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    All depends on what material. Ruth stuff for example has left its 2007 levels in the dust. 51 Mantle also-- I could've had an 8 back in 2007 for a song compared to what a guy I know just paid for one.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Not sure where there is a significant dip in the market aside from the mass produced material. Seems that prices for quality material, especially vintage and most unopened (even into the mid 1980's) have been on a solid upward trend for more than a year.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    yeah. i hear ya. i'm still in recovery from all the wise investing and patience. it's exhausting.
  • Options
    It does depend on what material we're talking about. E cards are still well below pre-2007 levels.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone can direct me to 1970s unopened product at 2007 prices, PM me PLEASE, LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    great time to buy!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>If anyone can direct me to 1970s unopened product at 2007 prices, PM me PLEASE, LOL! >>

Rumor has it that there will be some at Miller's Ale House tomorrow at 7:00pm. Hear that Mike? Eric?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    Yea, I saw a 1933 All-Stars team ball with Ruth and Gehrig only went for $8k. I thought it should be more. Maybe the economy has to do with it.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If anyone can direct me to 1970s unopened product at 2007 prices, PM me PLEASE, LOL! >>

Rumor has it that there will be some at Miller's Ale House tomorrow at 7:00pm. Hear that Mike? Eric? >>

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yea, I saw a 1933 All-Stars team ball with Ruth and Gehrig only went for $8k. I thought it should be more. Maybe the economy has to do with it. >>

Actually w/ the buyers premium, it cost the buyer $10,585.07
    Lelands auction 1933 A.S. Baseball
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yea, I saw a 1933 All-Stars team ball with Ruth and Gehrig only went for $8k. I thought it should be more. Maybe the economy has to do with it. >>

Actually w/ the buyers premium, it cost the buyer $10,585.07
    Lelands auction 1933 A.S. Baseball >>

I am a newbie on auction stuff, what is buyer premium?
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Its the % that the auction house receives after the bidding. Usually its 15-20%
    The consignor took in $8800, the auction house the remainder.

• Options

<< <i>we must not be bidding in the same auctions. >>

Agreed!
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    The OP is not paying attention if he thinks that prices are not strong right now. The cream is rising to the top!

PWCC has been setting high-water marks on all sorts of key cards over the past few months. REA realized some of the
    strongest prices ever for 1970s unopened.

Unless the OP is focused on the mast-produced and prospects market he is clearly missing the big picture.

Dave
  • Options
    Across the board with cards and autographs , buyers' market .
  • Options
    cardcountrycardcountry Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    I can only speak about vintage graded material baseball cards, but I agree with Dave that the market is really strong right now. I am very active in this genre, both buying and selling, and have never seen such strong prices realized. In particular, high grade rookies are off the chart (as Matt said). Just my 2 cents.

Jeff
    Jeff Foy/Dave Foy
    Card Country
    Graded stars 1950's-1980