Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need suggestions what new product to buy.

The Minnesota Twins have at least two hot prospects right now and I thought it would be fun to break a box (or two) of cards hoping to get a good rookie card of Byron Buxton or Miguel Sano.

Any suggestions?

Joe
2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set

Comments

• Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Both are studs and I would open the 2010 Bowman Chrome to find the Sano. The Buxton I believe is in the 2011 or 12 Bowman Chrome product. Have fun with those products as there are many nice cards that can bring a pretty nice return.

Shane
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    It would be a lot cheaper just to buy single lots of the players in question (probably less fun though). But for a fraction of the cost of a box (where you may get 0 or maybe 1 or 2 specific cards out of a set) you are probably able to get a lot of their cards as singles. To answer your question, I believe Bowman Chrome is one of the most popular when prospecting for modern rookies.
    Steve
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! I picked up a retail JUMBO box of 2013 Bowman for $90.00 delivered. Supposed to be 3 autos per box.

Is there a big difference between hobby and retail?

Yes slum22, you are correct in that buying the player I want is much SMARTER than gambling. But I haven't ripped anything since last year and I felt like a rip.

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    NICE! Hadn't heard much about Arcia, but he seems to have made the team and is hitting well with an .830 OPS, could be the regular left fielder for quite a while.

Joe
  • Options
    JustinsShoeboxJustinsShoebox Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks guys! I picked up a retail JUMBO box of 2013 Bowman for $90.00 delivered. Supposed to be 3 autos per box.

Is there a big difference between hobby and retail?

Yes slum22, you are correct in that buying the player I want is much SMARTER than gambling. But I haven't ripped anything since last year and I felt like a rip.

Joe >>

Joe, $90 for a Jumbo box of Bowman 2013 is a great buy!

Good luck with the rip!

Justin
  • Options
    Thanks Justin!

Hoping for that Buxton auto!!

Joe