Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

On Topic - PLEASE

Enough of the sniping and who may or may not have scammed or trimmed or shilled or who threw what or who in the pool and who may or may not be an alt. I come here for the great dialogue on cards and memorabilia. Lately this place has been worse than a second grade recess.

Now - back to our forum topics - cards and sports memorabilia.

I sold a Donruss Pete Rose yesterday. Mailing it out tonight.
Ordered a 1976 Bernie Carbo card for my nephew for an autograph at a show next weekend. I also have one for myself.
That, plus a Johhny MacKenzie, Don Marcotte, Robert Parish, Steve Nelson, John Hannah and a couple others are going in for the Blue Flip group sub (I like the slabbed look of the autographed cards). Also considering trimming my StubHub e-ticket with Phil Esposito's autograph for the sub (might fit inside a tallboy holder).

Got in on the Panini Stanley Cup special. Might make back 75% of the cost if I am lucky.

Gotta get me a photobucket so I can start posting scans.

So how long until after National will we have our next group rip? I have money I don't have to spend!!!
Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets

Comments

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So how long until after National will we have our next group rip? I have money I don't have to spend!!! >>

Hopefully not too long. I also hope there is more inventory after the show. It seems like there will be, but I'll believe it when I see it.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>Enough of the sniping and who may or may not have scammed or trimmed or shilled >>

How about the re sealers, can we still snip with regard to them?
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Have fun at the Carbo signing and show. If you get a chance to share a pic of the signing, please do. I enjoy seeing what some of the players from my childhood look like now.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    I will see what I can do for the pic of Carbo. It is very interesting to see these guys. From the several I have seen at these shows, these guys all look great. Mackenzie and Marcotte were both in phenomenal shape - probably could have skated a few shifts during the Cup Final.

I know there has been a lot of back and forth here about a whole bunch of controversial topics. Some are good for the discussion as they help self-police the hobby. Some have no business on the boards (yes I know - don't read them). I don't post a lot here, and I am not one of the 'high rollers' in the hobby. I am just obtaining my collection one card at a time. I come here to for the discussion, the opportunities to learn, and to share in the hobby with my fellow enthusiasts (group rips/subs). I really don't have a dog in any of these hunts, but I have developed an opinion on several of them. My .02:
      - Pack re-sealers - these guys are what's wrong with the hobby. The ferreting out of these people, and exposing their auctions in an effort to police the hobby I have no problem with. The people that do the re-sealing, who may or may not post, I just won't deal with.- Pack checking - they and the re-sealers should take a long walk off a short pier. It's because of these bozos I can't trust the packs in Wal-Mart or Target, unless all I am looking for is developing a base card set. I am not that much into inserts, but I like the lottery-like approach to them. Knowing the packs have been rifled through, and the ones with the good chances of the prize, takes away that thrill.- Buyer blocking - can be very useful, and most of what I see are for good reasons. However, I feel some people on here blackball for every slight. Perhaps we could dedicate a thread to posting about ebayers who we have had bad experiences with, and just keep it to the facts. Post what happened, and let the rest of us decide. If you want to discuss, it, use PMs.- The guy down on his luck - I think the original thread was completely inappropriate for this forum. While I don't have a problem asking for some moral support from the members (and to those of you who have, I have said prayers for your families), coming on here asking straight out for money is not what this board is about. You want to advertise what you have for sale to raise cash - fine, but use the BST board. As for whether or not it was a con, I have no opinion on that. And the discussion should end there. Taking shots at those who gave is none of your G-D business. - Shill bidders - I don't think this is exclusive to the hobby, and while infuriating, has probably been beaten to death here. Unless it appears to be an obvious con, we know it takes place, we know it sucks, but there is very little we can do about it.
    I also think that for the most part, this is a great board. There are a lot of very passionate hobbyists here, and enjoy coming here daily to see what's up and what's new. I have learned a ton. Thanks to all who make this board a great place.

Stay calm and keep collecting.

Edited for punctuation in the bullets
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options

<< <i>I know there has been a lot of back and forth here about a whole bunch of controversial topics. Some are good for the discussion as they help self-police the hobby. Some have no business on the boards (yes I know - don't read them). I don't post a lot here, and I am not one of the 'high rollers' in the hobby. I am just obtaining my collection one card at a time. I come here to for the discussion, the opportunities to learn, and to share in the hobby with my fellow enthusiasts (group rips/subs). I really don't have a dog in any of these hunts, but I have developed an opinion on several of them. My .02: >>

of course
  • Options

<< <i>

Gotta get me a photobucket so I can start posting scans. >>

I personally like imageshack.com better, they keep your pics around longer....been using them for years!