Home Sports Talk
Options

Chipper Jones #10 Retired

mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
Great night at the Ted. Chipper elected to the Braves HOF earlier today and they retired his number 10 in front of a sellout crowd this evening. Included in the pre-game ceremony: Ted Turner, Bobby Cox, Dale Murphy, John Scheurholz and Frank Wren, CJ's parents, and Paul Snyder- the scout who followed and signed Chipper out of high school.
Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.

Comments

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Hmm, checking out the guys inducted into the Braves HoF, I notice that John Smoltz isn't listed. Why's that?

edit to add: nevermind. Looks like they just don't update their website.
    link to Braves HoF website
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Smoltz has his number 29 retired in the stadium, so I assume he's in the team HOF as well.

The retired jersey list is Warren Spahn, Hank Aaron, Eddie Matthews, Dale Murphy, Bobby Cox, Smoltz, Glavine, Maddux, and now Chipper.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    I was there too. Awesome to see the guys come back into town, especially Ted Turner. I read this was the first induction he's been at since he was honored in 2000. That right there shows Chippers impact on the franchise. Loved the Todd Van Poppel comment too!

Definitely a great night at the Ted and next stop Cooperstown.
  • Options
    Chipper was born on the 115th day of 1972. I was born on the 228th day of 1972. 1972 was a leap year. On non leap years Chipper's birthday is on the 114th day of the year and I the 227th day. So at noon on April 24th, 113.5 days have past and 113.5 more days till my birthday.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chipper is one of those rare guys that transcends leagues and teams.
    How can anyone not be a fan.
    Congrats!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress