Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

"Double Your Pleasure, Double Your Fun"

Ok, that may be the slogan from an 80's doublemint gum commercial, but I'm having double the fun with a recent purchase - a double struck 8 reales.

I love the close-up shots and I know some of you do too...

I've seen a number of double struck and even triple struck coins in this series. Post your multiple struck coins of any darkside series below!

Comments

• bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beautiful coin and sweet DD
  • OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Beautiful coin and sweet DD >>

Thanks, I agree. More accurately though, this isn't a doubled die. The coin was struck more than once creating the ghosting effect you see in the pictures above.
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Nice!
    Becky
  • EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan,

Yuck. Double yuck. Quit buying defective/dreck stuff. I'm tired of repeating myself. I'll do you a favor and take this off your hands, and I won't charge your for the privilege. image

To be honest, I miss the good old days of folks not being afraid of buying raw stuff. The light side is filled with arguments over plastic and labels. Here at the dark side, we seem have one less reason for argument (at least for now for many of us).

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

• << <i>

To be honest, I miss the good old days of folks not being afraid of buying raw stuff. The light side is filled with arguments over plastic and labels. Here at the dark side, we seem have one less reason for argument (at least for now for many of us).

EVP >>

Yeah, take that aspect out of collecting and it's really quite fun!
  • harashaharasha Posts: 3,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best portraits that I have seen of Ferdinand VII.
    Honors flysis Income beezis Onches nobis Inob keesis

DPOTD
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Kinda reminds me of "Longacre" doubling (sp?) especially photo #4 and some in #3
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost looks like somebody really hit those punches home hard, with a heavy hammer hand. (Like the alliteration there?)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I do! image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE