Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Everyman's Collections

erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
How popular has this type of collecting been for the registry? I just took a quick glance and there aren't too many sets compared to the regular registry?

Comments

• Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
    I like it. I have my regular sets of Indian cents, Buffs and Mercs along with the Everyman's sets of each. It seems very popular to me, especially when I bid on an AU58 and the final selling price is sometimes triple the PCGS price guide. I think it is pretty insane a will not fall into that trap. I remain patient and only purchase AU58's when the price is fair.
  • Options
    LucanusLucanus Posts: 424 ✭✭✭
    Everyman registry sets have caused demand and prices for barber coinage to increase substantially.

Doug
  • Options
    mozinmozin Posts: 8,755 ✭✭✭
    I think the Everyman's Registry sets are a good way to start a set. I finished my Indian Quarter Eagle set, and now I have moved on to a MS set.
    I collect Capped Bust series by variety in PCGS AU/MS grades.
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a good entry level.
  • Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Everyman registry sets have caused demand and prices for barber coinage to increase substantially.

Doug >>

Especially in the highest AU grades ... ie: AU 58+

Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I would only pay a premium or an au58 if the condition or the pedigree or the variety warranted it, otherwise there shouldn't be a premium just because it is now a headline. >>

Good point!
  • Options
    Labelman87Labelman87 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭✭
    Text

There are 2 58+ Barber Quarters in existence (as graded by our hosts)!!!

___________Craig
    Craig

• Options
    MFHMFH Posts: 11,720 ✭✭✭✭

Amazing that there are only 2 x 58+'s out there....

I have only one AU 58+ - but it's a SLQ image
    Mike Hayes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Coin collecting is not a hobby, it's an obsession !

New Barber Purchases
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Years down the road, after I finish my current set, I'd really like to do a xf-au walker set. I find that older coins have more eye appeal when they are a little dirty.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd really like to do a xf-au walker set. I find that older coins have more eye appeal when they are a little dirty. >>

i completed a walker set and now, with upgrades, have a second set working.
    the 1940's had been upgraded in MS as silver was exploding. i sold off some silver i had obtained at FV to fund the upgrades. image
    i am trying to have as many AU in the sets as possible.
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk