Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Happy Father's Day - post your newps

It's Father's Day here in the U.S., so post your newps in honor of the day. Here is one of my latest, a raw 1979 Mexican 100 Pesos.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    Got this last week and I sent it back for regrade the next day. If you check this invoice number and the next there are 18 coins on each. 35 are 1864 Sovereigns and 1 1863. Out of the 35 30 graded MS61, 3 graded MS60 and 2 58's. That one submission is nearly the entire uncirculated population. i'm certain the price guide will drop but still a scarce mint state coin. I am certain this is a new coin and IMO looks better than some of the MS coins. One of the MS60 coins just sold to a high feedback number buyer on ebay ( most likely a seller) for $1225. I'll do fine if it comes back 60 but am hoping for a 61 (deserves it as much as most of those 30 MS61's).
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Jim, I'm pulling for you. But just to play devil's advocate … maybe the odds are against you? Already ≈ 85% graded higher. In every batch there's bound to be one weak apple image

Happy belated Father's Day to all. I celebrated my first-ever, and it was everything I hoped it would be. Got some cool little gifts but no coins so … I visited my local B&M on Tuesday and grabbed a 1970 Albanian Lekë proof set that I've been eyeing for months. The price was borderline, which is why I never jumped on it. But this time I asked to see it in-hand, out of the display case. The mirror fields are flawless, especially on the large 25 Lekë, which is the piece I wanted for my collection. No photos yet but I'll post soon. It's a beauty!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Would love to know how you guys store your larger coins. I made this flip with scissors and tape from a currency holder (inert):

Here's a cropped image of both sides:

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    1864 Australian Sovereign is coming back MS61 ( none graded better).
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Would love to know how you guys store your larger coins. I made this flip with scissors and tape from a currency holder (inert): >>

I noticed my 100 Pesos coin would not fit in an Intercept Shield 2x2 holder i have, so for now, I just have it in a Saflip. I may need to invest in some larger Airtites for this size of coin.