Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How tough is a Antonio Inoki (Wrestling) autograph? Scan of mine here

I was told that Inoki has an outrageous asking price to sign at any conventions and promoters do not even bother to try to book him. Does anyone have facts about this? For being such an icon in Japan I do not see autograph items of his on ebay. I've been told he will pose for photos but stingy with signing anything. If you have no idea of his signing habits here is a signed card for you all to enjoy.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    A quick scan of the Japanese auction sites has about 10 autographed items from him.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Would you consider that very much? It was said that he would do a signing but his price was completely outrageous (appearance fee)...... are the prices high for his auto? thanks for looking.
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    It doesn't seem like a whole lot and he appears to have two distinct styles of signature. One, like the example you have above, is signed just Antonio Inoki and is the least expensive of the two (seems to be around 10000 yen ($100)). The one where he signs it "Fighting Spirit Antonio Inoki" is around 20000 yen ($200)seems to be average BIN price. There is a really cool "Fighting Spirit" one where he signed it in silver ink on a German promotion poster. See below.

• Options
    I really appreciate you looking into this for me Sumo. That is a good price for an auto because the all stars are such an iconic set the premium for a signed wrestling all star dwarfs signed other items. For example, I can find a Kerry Von Erich signed item for roughly $100 but a signed wrestling all star card would probably be in the range of $600 or more for a nice one. There are numerous other examples I could cite. I feel pretty good about this signed Inoki but I do thank you for confirming this for me. I'll still ask around the wrestling community on Inoki when I have the chance.
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Rob

I've got a beautiful Inoki autograph that I'll dig out and scan for you next time I'm at my safe deposit box. My laptop with all my scans crashed so I'll have to rescan the actual piece first

mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Great, what type of item is it?
  • Options

<< <i>Great, what type of item is it? >>

Here it is. Had a scan in my email. Just a big piece of paper. Sumo, do you know what mine says?

Mike

• Options
    A custom would be really cool.....
  • Options

<< <i>A custom would be really cool..... >>

Yeah, but it would have to be HUGE. If I remember correctly I think that paper is somewhere in the vicinity of a standard 8.5 x 11

I was told when I bought it that Inoki himself is the one that penned the English printed version of his sig on mine too, but I don't know that to be fact

Mike
  • Options
    I do love Japanese signatures though, very cool.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Great, what type of item is it? >>

Here it is. Had a scan in my email. Just a big piece of paper. Sumo, do you know what mine says?

Mike

image >>

Hi Mike, that's his "Fighting Spirit Antonio Inoki" autograph.
  • Options

<< <i>

Hi Mike, that's his "Fighting Spirit Antonio Inoki" autograph. >>

Thanks Sumo

• Options
    I got this one back the other day.........

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see you get this in a holder. Very cool signed card.
  • Options
    Very nice! Congrats.
  • Options
    Expensive Inoki card

Looks like someone really wanted this Inoki image

• Options

<< <i>Expensive Inoki card

Looks like someone really wanted this Inoki image >>

Nothing gets by you.....a 2002 Inoki for $200 is not too shabby. image
  • Options
    I thinking you might have let that PSA 9 go to cheap.

$125 PSA 8

Congratulations on this venture.
  • Options

<< <i>I thinking you might have let that PSA 9 go to cheap.

$125 PSA 8

Congratulations on this venture. >>

I like the image of the card, it is pretty classic and in some ways a venture of mixed martial arts of boxing versus wrestling.....I hope to find one to keep one day.
  • Options

<< <i>I got this one back the other day.........

image >>

My buddy needed this card pretty bad (had 105 of the 108) wrestling all stars signed so I took this one out of my set and sold it to him with the Les Thornton. I was very well compensated for them but I am simply amazed that someone was able to get the autos that he got. He is only missing the Grand Wizard now. I am still missing a few but have all that I can get in red flips. I am going to try to get more in red flips as PSA DNA finds more templates of the wrestlers....