Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Dansco 7070 Type Album...

Anybody have any insight as to why this got discontinued? I thought it was one of their most popular albums. (?)
"YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents

Comments

• Options
    ObiwancanoliObiwancanoli Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭
    There goes my other option... I bought an Intercept Shield album for my Type Set a couple years ago, and the inside covers - front and back - are peeling off the backing. Looks like I'll have to find a way to glue it back on... image
    UBERCOINER

A Truth That's Told With Bad Intent
    Beats All The Lies You Can Invent
  • Options
    seanqseanq Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought I read here it was being redesigned, not discontinued. Maybe an email to Dansco customer service would be enlightening?

Sean Reynolds
    Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used one sells for over $100 on ebay

The album turned out to be a better investment for me than many of the coins image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    It sure did. I've been looking at a lot of Dansco stuff in the past few days. From what I can tell, the 7070 has been out of circulation for a while and they haven't introduced anything to replace it. I'm sure that Dansco did this to accommodate all of the extra circulating releases from the mint in recent years, but how long can it take to add a page? I really liked the 7070 and I know it was a major part of how a lot of people collected type. Too bad.
    "YOU SUCK!" Awarded by nankraut/renomedphys 6/13/13 - MadMarty dissents
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I thought I read here it was being redesigned, not discontinued. Maybe an email to Dansco customer service would be enlightening?

Sean Reynolds >>

Good luck in contacting them...not people friendly.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Used one sells for over $100 on ebay

The album turned out to be a better investment for me than many of the coins image >>

Grrr, and I gave mine away with the set when I sold it!!!
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shop around. I bought a new album (still in shrink wrap) for $25 last fall. And I ain't tellin where.image
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only speculate, though I am no prophet. But in view of all life's happenings, maybe a lack of interest killed the profit.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Shop around. I bought a new album (still in shrink wrap) for $25 last fall. And I ain't tellin where.image >>

peacockcoins

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another used one sells for over $100

What are the odds that when Dansco "redesigns" the album, the new one is worse?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    Kaline6Kaline6 Posts: 345

<< <i>

<< <i>I thought I read here it was being redesigned, not discontinued. Maybe an email to Dansco customer service would be enlightening?

Sean Reynolds >>

Good luck in contacting them...not people friendly. >>

I get the feeling there is nobody home.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've got 2 and this is making me think I should sell one of them for a nice chunk o' change.....

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Daniel Stamp Company is now a very different company from what it started out as 75 years ago. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file