Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Topps Wall Art

Got this in the mail yesterday. I ordered it from the Topps website. Measures 21"x32".

Comments

• Options
    Awesome! Hopefully they add some more. I'd love to have a giant '86 Topps Gorman Thomas on my wall! Marnier Mustache Power!
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    The paper stock is a heavy matte finish, the kind used for high quality lithographs. I'm sending it out to have Boggs sign it at the National, but I haven't figured out where I want the sig.
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! I have been looking at them, sure I want to add one of the Gary Carter's to my display room just not sure which one yet.
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The paper stock is a heavy matte finish, the kind used for high quality lithographs. I'm sending it out to have Boggs sign it at the National, but I haven't figured out where I want the sig. >>

I'd say in the white area next to his name.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭
    Wish they did this for basketball...As for the Boggs, I say in the yellow area about his small picture.
  • Options
    I know, just think if Fleer made one for the Jordan rookie. They'd sell a ton of them.
  • Options
    My disappointment was they were originally at $75, but now are all at $99.99.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Does PSA make a holder large enough for one of those? If I were a photoshop guy, I would put a holder on that one.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    That's funny Greg. PSA will charge $10 to grade it, and $200 for the slab. image
  • Options
    psychumppsychump Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭
    I made my own...first one to name everybody gets a prize!image

Thread hijacker!image
    Tallulah Bankhead — 'There have been only two geniuses in the world. Willie Mays and Willie Shakespeare.'
  • Options
    LodiLodi Posts: 78
    These look cool, but the card selections and centering are a little perplexing. So many Tigers, when they get some A's or Giants up there I'm in.
  • Options
    Yeah, I hope they make a Henderson rookie.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    No Thomas amongst the 1990 Topps selections...hope they fix that.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    For 100 bucks you think you'd get 50/50 centering.

Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    On sale it was $56.25.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wish they did this for basketball...As for the Boggs, I say in the yellow area about his small picture. >>

That's where I was thinking.

Looks nice and would be great in a baseball themed room.
  • Options
    dtsadtsa Posts: 235 ✭✭
    I assume it was shipped flat?
    Would love to see what it will look like framed and autographed. I will they did the mid to late 70's for George Brett, they would be awesome hanging on the wall.
    anyone heard if they will go into football or basketball?
  • Options
    It was shipped rolled in a cardboard mailing tube.
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    It is a great idea for Topps, but I agree that they must produce these in "Gem Mint" with centering, exact fonts and without print defects.

It's a great item for signature, and I applaud Topps for revamping their web site and trying to sell adjacent items directly to their customers on their web site & Topps Vault on eBay...
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    I like them too, I'll have to check out the available players. But $100 is way too much! How would that Boggs look with a blue or red sharpie auto? I would be concerned about the size of the auto as well. I think it would look better with a large signature. I would request that and would have the sig on the green/yellow grassy knoll.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    Topps is having a 30% off sale on their 1970's wall art. They've added a ton of new players and cards. I just bought a 1974 Ryan, 1974 Fisk, 1976 Fingers and 1978 Reggie.
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    Wish they had some Bo Jackson on there. I was checking those out the other day. Pretty neat!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    I just got the 1978 Reggie back from a private signing he did last month. Here is the result:

• Options
    Just got this back from a private signing:

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Are you going to get them framed?
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    I've framed a couple of the smaller sizes, but the rest I store flat on a shelf.