Home Metal Detecting
Options

"Dirty Movie" 03- The House at Beachview Drive

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
A short hunt from Sunday morning.

The rest of Sunday morning's digs will be in Dirty Movie #04, which I'm still working on. That episode will be more a short history tour than "digspedition", since it was relatively brief. Sunday's finds didn't amount to much, but I got some fun video anyway. Monday, while only a modest success, was better. That will be either in a longish movie by itself (#5) or split into two episodes (#5 & #6). I might not get around to finishing Monday's movie(s) for a little while, since I'm due back to work tomorrow.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    the volume was much better on this one. could barely hear you in one of your other videos. i get alot of doo hickies also. sometimes doo hickies are better than what we hope to find.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey LordM, always a treat to see your videos. Can only imagine how your England ones will be!
  • Options

<< <i>the volume was much better on this one. could barely hear you in one of your other videos. i get alot of doo hickies also. sometimes doo hickies are better than what we hope to find. >>

Thank you. I tried learning from past mistakes. Still dealing with the learning curve for the software, and learning my equipment's limitations. When ol' Saint Paddy was talking from the van, you could barely hear him at all on the video, and he looked waaay far away. Far more than was actually the case. I'm discovering that this camera's lens is great for close in, and the microphone likewise, but at distances of more than a few feet, you don't get much of the subtler sounds or details in the video. I also have to remember to hold finds up closer to the camera sometimes- they dip below the frame if I hold my head upright.

(@pcgs69)- yes, thanks. That's good to hear. I've got a lot of cobwebs to brush off to break out of my long dormancy. So practicing my moviemaking is all good practice for the England trip. The one thing that worries me most is that I'm not in any kind of physical shape to dig eight hours a day for a whole week. Right now, any outing more than four hours long pretty much does in my knees (and sometimes back and other joints) and takes me two or three days to recover from. I can imagine I'll be one very tired and achy individual by the end of Day 1 in England! But I can also imagine that a hammered silver medieval penny, a Roman denarius, or a Celtic gold coin will go a long way towards alleviating those aches and pains. I'll get plenty of fuel from adrenaline and excitement, no doubt. Even their more "workaday" finds, like King George and Victorian coppers (which they call "greenies" when they dig small handfuls) will be exciting to me, and the sort of thing one seldom sees over here in the States. I'm surprised to find I have many anxieties about the trip, which is part of the reason I've procrastinated on it for so long. But of course it's a lifelong dream, so maybe some butterflies in the stomach are to be expected?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really enjoying the movies! Keep it up, Rob!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice movie imageimage
  • Options
    "Dirty Movies" #5 and #6 are shot but I haven't had time to edit them yet. I hope to, soon.

The finds in #5 and #6 are a tiny bit more interesting than those in #3 and #4. Not stupendous, by any means, but at least that outing that will be shown in those two movies was not ALL modern junk.