Home Sports Talk
Options

Hard Luck Harvey...

otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
If only this guy got some run support. He's had 5 starts giving up 2 runs or less and has not gotten a decision including one 9 inning game of 1-hit, no walk, shutout ball. A shame that a pitcher has a sub 1.00 WHIP and 2.10 ERA and has only 5 decisions in 13 starts.

Comments

• Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Perfect example of why wins and losses are the last thing you should look at when determining a good pitcher.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Perfect example of why wins and losses are the last thing you should look at when determining a good pitcher. >>

+1

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    If I am correct, I think he has 8 no decisions in his last 9 starts. What a shame. Trade him to the Yankees and let him get some wins.
  • Options
    7 innings today and 1 run . . . gets the loss. I'm guessing he's not a real happy camper.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If I am correct, I think he has 8 no decisions in his last 9 starts. What a shame. Trade him to the Yankees and let him get some wins. >>

AJ Burnett and Javy Vazquez think that's a bad idea.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    And tonight . . . 7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 11 K and the bullpen blows a 3 run lead.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Long live Bobby Parnell...
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Aaaaand now: it's reported that he has a partly torn UCL. This means Tommy John surgery is likely.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>There is no such thing as a pitching prospect. >>

"Pitching prospects" is the term that Dr. James Andrews uses for his future patients.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25