Home Sports Talk
Options

there is no sports star i dislike more than

tiger woods.

Comments

• Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Alex Rodriguez.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kobe Bryant!

Steve
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    David Gordon
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>David Gordon >>

OK...I'll ask. Who is David Gordon?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Jimmy Johnson
  • Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    Peyton Manning, he doesnt even fit in his helmet and has won half as many playoff games in 15 years as Joe Flacco has in just 5 years. Talk about overated, I hope Freeney makes good on his interview and knocks him cold.
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    the first 3 are excellent choices...I dont know who I dislike more of those 3

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>David Gordon >>

OK...I'll ask. Who is David Gordon? >>

The kid responsible for Notre Dame not winning the National Championship in 1993. I've hated him with passion ever since the play

David Gordon
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    I'd find the 'why?' much more interesting than the 'who?'. It's easy to toss names about, but the stories behind them are far more interesting.

For me? John Starks. ALWAYS hated that guy. He was a loud-mouthed buffoon who talked far too much more than his game would allow him to.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Van Lingle Mungo. How dare he have such a ridiculous name. image
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eli Manning, luckiest QB ever
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Eli Manning, luckiest QB ever >>

LOL! Still bitter?

Eli isn't Bucky Dent or Mookie Wilson. As a Giants fan and watching him get "lucky" like that 5-8 times a game suggests that it is no longer luck...
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Cindy Crosby and the rest of the Penguins.................................who got there butts handed to them by the Bruins. image
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cindy Crosby and the rest of the Penguins.................................who got there butts handed to them by the Bruins. image >>

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Pepe, the center-back from Real Madrid- though there are plenty of guys vying for the place money.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Wilpons

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    New School: Cindy Crosby +3
    Old School: Claude Lemeiux
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crosby- poorest excuse for a hockey player ever
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>The tampons >>

fixed it
  • Options
    I don't follow hockey really at all, but I'm curious, why all the hate for Crosby?

• Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Eli Manning, luckiest QB ever >>

LOL! Still bitter?

Eli isn't Bucky Dent or Mookie Wilson. As a Giants fan and watching him get "lucky" like that 5-8 times a game suggests that it is no longer luck... >>

Why shouldn't he and my Bostonian wife be bitter? Her Patriots (we always have a Super Bowl party (just the three of us though) when the Patriots are in the Big Game, which has so far happened twice in our almost eight years together image ) had the chance to become the greatest team in NFL history...but because they blew it where it counted the most, now they're not even the best team of 2007. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    Lance Armstrong...nuff said
    I collect vintage PSA graded SF Giants, Willie Mays, McCovey, Cepeda, Marichal and Perry. And modern players like Buster Posey, Will Clark and Barry Bonds.

youtube acct
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree...A-choke

btw I love sidney. Glad the Bruins won though
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I don't "hate" anybody today but when LeBron made the "decision" I think I had a very strong dislike for the man.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I think that Don Denkinger qualifies for a sports star in Kansas City..... don't hate the guy but I do hold him responsible.....
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>I don't "hate" anybody today but when LeBron made the "decision" I think I had a very strong dislike for the man. >>

agreed, but I do hate lebron for that. man that was a brutal thing to do. definitely don't want the heat to win 5... 6... 7...
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like LeBron before the "decision". I agree with what Rodman said about him... that, had he played in the Jordan era, he'd have just been an average player.

Hate? Strong word. For me, closest I can come is Barry Bonds with A-Roid a close second.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't follow hockey really at all, but I'm curious, why all the hate for Crosby? >>

He's perceived (with more than a little basis in reality) as a whiner who gets coddled by the league and special treatment from the refs.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't like LeBron before the "decision". I agree with what Rodman said about him... that, had he played in the Jordan era, he'd have just been an average player.

Not saying Rodmans's a moron. However if he went back to school, got a qualified tutor, studied hard, perhaps he could work his way up to moron.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Rodman's always been about shock value and publicity but isn't as "moronic" as he's often perceived.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    Dwayne Wade, was once a decent fellow, now he seems like quite a punk on the court.

Cheap shot to the head of Lance Stephenson in the Heat/Pacers series this year.
    In 2012, his open field tackle from behind of Darren Collison of the Pacers in the
    playoffs should have gotten him ejected as it was an intentional foul that could
    have hurt the player. He doesn't even get a technical for it. Just a regular foul
    because he's considered a 'star' and therefore gets special treatment by the NBA.

I'm not even a Pacers fan either but these two incidents stand out in my mind.
    I only watch the Heat games when they're in the playoffs, so I really wonder
    what else he's doing dirty in the regular season games.

His poor behavior seems to stem from him no longer being the #1 star
    in Miami and having to play second fiddle to Lebron.
  • Options
    The NBA in general has lost much of its luster for me. I watch games now and it seems like watching street ball only with bigger egos. There might as well not be a traveling rule at all, and you basically have to darn near take a swing at someone to get a foul, much less a T called... particularly if you're the "franchise" guy. It's supposed to be a professional sport but these guys have virtually zero professionalism anymore, doing things like dropping F-bombs in interviews and saying "I don't care if I get fined". Guys playing pickup games in prison yards often show more class (and have less ink) than some of these supposed stars. I'm just underwhelmed in general.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The NBA in general has lost much of its luster for me. I watch games now and it seems like watching street ball only with bigger egos. There might as well not be a traveling rule at all, and you basically have to darn near take a swing at someone to get a foul, much less a T called... particularly if you're the "franchise" guy. It's supposed to be a professional sport but these guys have virtually zero professionalism anymore, doing things like dropping F-bombs in interviews and saying "I don't care if I get fined". Guys playing pickup games in prison yards often show more class (and have less ink) than some of these supposed stars. I'm just underwhelmed in general. >>

Not to be contrary, but you have basically described the NBA of the 1970's here.

• Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't follow hockey really at all, but I'm curious, why all the hate for Crosby? >>

Scroll down about a quarter of the page to the Great Hockey Debates section. That basically sums it up. Pretty much every team has a player of a similar ilk on their team, only they come with a fraction of the talent and exposure so apparently they're ineligible for hatred.
  • Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't "hate" anybody today but when LeBron made the "decision" I think I had a very strong dislike for the man. >>

LeBron was once asked long ago what he wanted to accomplish as a basketball player. Instead of saying he wanted to win an X amount of championships or he wanted to be the best ever, he said I want to be the first billion dollar NBA player. Enough said.

Also, why does he and Wade wear glasses that have no lenses. I would think that they are trying to look smart but are looking dumber and dumber every time they wear them. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • Options

<< <i>

LeBron was once asked long ago what he wanted to accomplish as a basketball player. Instead of saying he wanted to win an X amount of championships or he wanted to be the best ever, he said I want to be the first billion dollar NBA player. Enough said.

Also, why does he and Wade wear glasses that have no lenses. I would think that they are trying to look smart but are looking dumber and dumber every time they wear them. Has anyone else noticed this? >>

Lebron sought out Warren Buffett, and sought his investment advice, which is infinitely more desirable, wouldn't you say, than the countless athletes who are broke by the time they stop playing sports? As far as when he was asked, I'm sure the question was in relation to this meeting (as in "Why did you seek out Buffett?")

As far as the glasses that have no lenses, he and Wade certainly aren't alone in the NBA world with this fashion, and certainly it's not contained to NBA players.
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    Dwight Howard - enough already
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options

<< <i>

He's perceived (with more than a little basis in reality) as a whiner who gets coddled by the league and special treatment from the refs. >>

+100 especially on the whiner part.
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Dwayne Wade, was once a decent fellow, now he seems like quite a punk on the court.

Cheap shot to the head of Lance Stephenson in the Heat/Pacers series this year.
    In 2012, his open field tackle from behind of Darren Collison of the Pacers in the
    playoffs should have gotten him ejected as it was an intentional foul that could
    have hurt the player. He doesn't even get a technical for it. Just a regular foul
    because he's considered a 'star' and therefore gets special treatment by the NBA.

I'm not even a Pacers fan either but these two incidents stand out in my mind.
    I only watch the Heat games when they're in the playoffs, so I really wonder
    what else he's doing dirty in the regular season games. >>

There's also the scissor leg takedown of Rajon Rondo, which injured Rondo. Incredibly dirty play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_QDViW_2s8

And, of course, the groin kick to Ramon Sessions that netted Wade a 1-game suspension:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFcq0WbXo2U

Wade is far and away my most disliked NBA guy. He's a really dirty player who repeatedly gets a pass from the media and the league. That kick on Sessions took place in full view of a ref who did absolutely NOTHING about it. Then when the Stephenson play happened, the league ignored the fact that Wade was a repeat offender and did nothing. Ridiculous.