Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Introduction and Registry question.

I probably should get the introduction out of the way. Name is Lee, from Texas and I've been on a mission to collect some basketball cards I wanted when I was a teen in the early-mid 90's. Nothing too rare or expensive. Just cards I would've been happy to pull back then. It was much easier back then. If I pulled a Jordan base card or any insert of a known player, I was happy. It wasn't until I started looking at vintage cards/players that I began to even consider graded cards.

So, on a whim, while acquiring a few vintage Pistol Pete cards, I decided to go after the Maravich Basic set, which I've almost completed in PSA 8+. I've got everything in the middle, but am lacking the 1980 Topps (my least favorite) and the 1970 Topps Rookie (the most expensive). I won a 1974 Topps #10 graded 8.5 on Ebay on the 19th and I've had the card in my possession since the 24th. I've gone through the step of having PSA send an email to the previous owner on the day it arrived, to request it be removed from that persons set, but nothing has happened yet. I've sent the seller a message on Ebay and even mentioned my excitement to add it to my set registry in my positive feedback for the seller. First question is, am I being too impatient? Secondly, if nobody can get a hold of the previous owner, will a photo of the front and back of the card suffice for PSA to remove the card themselves since I don't have an easy way to scan the card?

You can have a look if you want at what I've got so far, but I've only got 2 pics up as of yet. If I get the last 2 cards in PSA 8 I can hit the #8 spot!

Lee's Maravich Collection

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    welcome

PPete was afav of mine growing up.

Some just don't remove cards despite all the emails.

Unfortunately u may need 2 get a scanner for both sides or get a friend 2 do it 4 u.

You will need a pic to ever sell on ebay anyways.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Take a picture of the card front and back with your phone and send those pics to the registry folks. Heck, take a pic of you holding the card if you want. They will have it out of the other person's inventory within 3 days. Very simple.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    best fool proof way to prove you own it, buy a newspaper and take a pic of it next to the date on the newspaper then one of the card laying on the paper and a full pic of the paper image
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Welcome to the jungle. image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    Welcome; and that is one of my pet peeves...people selling cards and no unlocking the certs even after several email attempts.
    I'm too busy to scan and so I have dozens of cards including some nice 1971s (Jackson and Rose 8) that are in a separate "unlock" box
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    ABellPharmDABellPharmD Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    I would avoid asking the eBay seller as they may not be the person using the cert number. There are several cards in my collection that I do not register on the PSA website under my account and have sold. Also, lots are sold on consignment. The best bet is to send the auto email from PSA and if not corrected within 3 days, email psa the photos. They're typically unlocked within 24 hours.
    I collect Cal Ripken cards, T206, E95, E210, R319.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to another Pistol Pete collector!

You can definitely send a picture instead of a scan, but they will wait until 3 days after you do the auto-request thing on the website.

The 1980 is reasonable in PSA 8, you should be able to find it without too much problem. The Rookie is a little more $.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome. I just added a 1980 Topps Maravich/Free/Johnson in PSA 8 to my set. Great card and very reasonable. I haven't sent a pic of the 74 Topps Maravich PSA 8.5 to PSA yet (been busy with work) but it will be nice to add it. I just looked at the pop report for this card and it seems mine is the only one graded 8.5. There are 64 graded higher, but being the only 1 in 8.5 is kinda cool.