Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Nice to get morning poppage (wrestling and Jacko) SCANS 6/3

I usually see the grades in the afternoon but on the west coast I had a little surprise before 9 am. Here it is.......... Zbysco is huge as I only had a 4 and will double my grade, the La Morena Stecker is the card that took me a decade to find and I have the three other wrestlers slabbed and I knew it was a 2, the Angolas are very tough and the first to ever be graded, I bought the Jackson Five card just to have a Michael Jackson "rookie" from 1972 and thought it was neat, this was my first sub on the 1973 Andre and about where I expected it to be but I have a nicer one here at home that needs to be subbed, and the very first perforated RC of Stone Cold Steve Austin and it was a 9, MINT. Yahoo!

1 1 21308074 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1908 OGDEN'S LTD. PUGILISTS & WRESTLERS 9 ZBYSCO Card
2 1 21308075 GOOD 2 1929 TABACALERA LA MORENA 166 JOE STECKER Card
3 1 21308076 NEAR MINT 7 1928 SOCIEDADE INDUSTRIAL, ANGOLA SPORTS SERIES 166 JOE STECKER Card
4 1 21308077 VERY GOOD-EXCELLENT 4 1928 SOCIEDADE INDUSTRIAL, ANGOLA SPORTS SERIES 164 ZBYSKO Card
5 1 21308078 MINT 9 1972 PANINI CANTANTI 72 STICKERS 291 JACKSON FIVE Card
6 1 21308079 EXCELLENT 5 1973 WRESTLING ANNUAL #6-HAND CUT ANDRE THE GIANT Card
7 1 21308080 MINT 9 1993 WCW MAGAZINE COLLECTOR'S SPECIAL 10 STEVE AUSTIN Card

Total Items: 7
Date Received: 4/26/2013
Date Shipped: N/A
Order Status: OK
BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable

Comments

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome stuff Rob!

I think it is great to see PSA label the Steve Austin 1993 and even better to see you hit a PSA 9!!!

When that hits EBAY I am going after it!

• Options
    KNAPPKNAPP Posts: 654 ✭✭✭
    Nice 9 on the Austin.
    the KNAPP collection - specializing in boxing and wrestling
    Always looking to buy or trade for Andre the Giant autographs
    psacard.com/psasetregistry/non-sports/famous-personage/andre-giant-master-set/alltimeset/180400

• Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    Great cards. Love to see new sets get slabbed the first time
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options

<< <i>Awesome stuff Rob!

I think it is great to see PSA label the Steve Austin 1993 and even better to see you hit a PSA 9!!!

When that hits EBAY I am going after it! >>

Indeed! Nice job on the Jackson 5 as well.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I have no idea what a 1972 Jackson Five PSA 9 will do...ha ha
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! Congrats and I can't wait to see scans!
  • Options
    I'll probably have the cards in hand on Monday.... I am pretty stoked overall. I cannot imagine there being an Austin 10 so this is as good as it gets and even a 9 with a perforated card is going be really tough to match.
  • Options

• Options
    That Austin is sweet!
  • Options
    Only thing from a PSA 10 is the centering.......
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    FANTASTIC!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    That Austin card is epic. It looks great!
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Austin looks awesome in a PSA holder!!!

Love it!
  • Options
    I sold the Steve Austin on ebay in a few hours....
  • Options
    Nice Rob, congrats!

Doug
  • Options
    Thanks Doug! I'm obviously very happy and the vintage wrestling cards I was stoked about but I understand that people do not know the vintage champion wrestlers too well. One of these days I will have an Andre waiting for you!
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    Nice cards!

I have an order of 8 cards logged in 4/23/13 for Express service.

Nice to see you received your cards in hand before I even got poppage lol
  • Options
    Good luck with your sub, can I ask which cards you have at PSA now? Hope to see you share your results with the board.