Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

coin stores in colorado

does anybody know of any coin stores in Colorado that will sell coins to the average collector and might have a junk silver box?

i am not a big time collector. i collect what i can when i can. but i am looking for some coins that have been circulated for a bit but which you can still see the date and the denom. of the coin*.

i am looking for the following coins:

Flying eagle cent
Indian head cent
Shield nickel
Capped bust dime
Seated liberty dime
Barber dime
Mercury dime
Seated liberty quarter
Barber quarter
Standing liberty quarter
Seated liberty half dollar
Barber half dollar
Walking liberty half dollar
Franklin half dollar
Seated liberty dollar
Morgan dollar
Peace dollar.

i will be in colorado on sept 21-25 with a free day on the 23rd with some free time in the morning of the 24th. i should have a budget of $1500-$1800 for these coins. will i be able to get some most or hopefully all of them for what i have in my budget? can i find some of these coins in a junk silver box?

if you could post the address and hours it would help me out alot. thanks.

* for the coins i want coins in which i can put in my pocket with it not losing value. like an average circulated coin.

Comments

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,563 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Colorado is a pretty big state. Whereabouts will you be?
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ckrakowskickrakowski Posts: 157 ✭✭
    denver but if need be i can travel a little ways.
  • Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>denver but if need be i can travel a little ways. >>

here you go:

dvr coin shops
  • Options
    ckrakowskickrakowski Posts: 157 ✭✭
    anyone?
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of that list could be filled at any coin shop and the ones you did find there can be had at around melt on eBay any day of the week.
  • Options
    EXOJUNKIEEXOJUNKIE Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend Rocky Mountain Coin on S. Broadway. There used to be 2-3 other shops on the same block, but that was a few years ago so I'm not sure now. RMC is still there though and worth the trip IMO.
    I'm addicted to exonumia ... it is numismatic crack!

ANA LM

USAF Retired — 34 years of active military service! 🇺🇸
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd schedule a trip down to Colorado Springs to visit the ANA museum and then you could visit Hallenbeck Coin Gallery in CO Springs as well while you were there, I was able to pick up a few things at his shop when I was out there a couple years ago, and enjoyed the museum as well.
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rocky Mountain Coins on south Broadway (Virginia and Broadway I think) is a large shop that has been around since the 1970's. It also has a second store in Greenwood Village if I recall correctly. The Broadway location is also next to two other small shops. I was in Denver earlier this month and drove by. I think all three shops are open and doing business.

There are lots of other shops in the Denver metro area also.
  • Options
    swhuckswhuck Posts: 546 ✭✭✭
    If Rocky Mountain Coin is the same one I think it is, it's definitely worth a visit. I stopped there (I think) a couple of years back on a jaunt to Denver, and they had a very nice selection.
    Sincerely,

Stewart Huckaby
    mailto:stewarth@HA.com
    ------------------------------------------
    Heritage Auctions
    Heritage Auctions

2801 W. Airport Freeway

Dallas, Texas 75261

Phone: 1-800-US-COINS, x1355
    Heritage Auctions
  • Options
    DeliaBugDeliaBug Posts: 881
    There's a shop in Golden on Washington Ave called Wild West Traders. Plus a ton of other shops/bars on that street. At least it'll get you out of the smog for a bit.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file