Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Wanted: 1915 Cracker Jack Honus Wagner

Hey Everyone,

I am looking for a 1915 Cracker Jack Honus Wagner in about a PSA 2.

SMR has the PSA 2 a being valued at $420.

I'm sure there would be a premium of some kind, we can discuss.

Please let me know if you have one you are looking to sell.

Thanks!

Evan image

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    And if you get one for $420.00 I'd be very happy to help you double your money. I'll buy it for $840.00. image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Well, the search begins...image
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>And if you get one for $420.00 I'd be very happy to help you double your money. I'll buy it for $840.00. image >>

Hey Doug!

If you're looking to sell that Wagner once you buy it from Evan, I'll double YOUR money at $1680!

Let me know image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
  • Options
    So if this card is apparently so desirable, why would SMR have it at $420 as a PSA 2?

SMR is really up to date and pretty accurate---and i can sense a little sarcasm maybe from you guys--but nonetheless, the Wagner card does seem criminally undervalued at $420.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So if this card is apparently so desirable, why would SMR have it at $420 as a PSA 2?

SMR is really up to date and pretty accurate---and i can sense a little sarcasm maybe from you guys--but nonetheless, the Wagner card does seem criminally undervalued at $420. >>

SMR isn't as accurate as one would hope. The last 1915 Cracker Jack Honus Wagner in that condition was an SGC 2 that sold for $2,350 at a Huggins and Scott auction last year. An SGC 1 sold for $1,750 on ebay a year ago as well. I would suspect that this card in similar conditon graded by PSA would fetch about the same (if not more).
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    key word I was told many years ago...those are called 'guides' not a 'bible'
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Problem is, SMR is NOT up to date.

That card has not sold in a PSA 2 (at least not in a public forum). If you are going to purchase high end cards, it might pay to subscribe to VCP. The below results come from the VCP site.

Here are the two most recent sales for a PSA 3:
    9/17/08 eBay $2,778.00
    5/2/08 Mastro $2,520.00

PSA "Authentic":
    1/28/10 Clean Sweep $929.20

SGC "1":
    3/27/12 eBay $1,750.00

SGC "2":
    2/2/12 Huggins & Scott $2,350.00
    5/30/08 Goodwin $2,139.68

Good luck with your search. It's a nice looking card and probably a great own to own.

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Man oh man...yes, these numbers do put a damper on my party.

Ive heard of premiums, and SMR being "a little low"...but this is ridiculous.

Those look like some good resources you have there --VCP?--ill have to check out that site.

Thanks to all who replied and had a good laugh at me and my $420 image

I appreciate the information.

The quest continues...