Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

DigVid02 (VTH5)- 2013-05-27- Coinshooting in Old Town Brunswick

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
My second full-length detecting video.

Please sit back and enjoy it, if you've got 24 minutes to burn.

I think it turned out OK. Future videos will probably be shorter, single-target affairs, though.

Still learning the software, and how to use YouTube as an uploader rather than a downloader.

Coins-to-crap ratio (7 out of 10) pretty good in this one.

Keepers-to-non-keepers ratio (2 out of 10) also not bad.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    This was the teaser clip.

(I deleted the other commentary in this post, since it is obsolete now that the full video has been posted.)

Let me know what you think of the full movie, though.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    PlacidPlacid Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭
    Thats dirty
  • Options
    UNLVinoUNLVino Posts: 416
  • Options

<< <i>Thats dirty >>

Very.

Gets dirtier 'n that, too.

• Options
    (obsolete commentary deleted- see the OP for the link to the finished video)

• Options
    Bump TTT now that the full video is finished. (See link in the OP, above.)

PS- (@ the critics who once got my written "Digs O' The Day" posts bammed from this forum)- I'm technically legal and totally on-topic in posting this here, since 70% of the finds were... you guessed it... U.S. coins. image

• Options
    TTT one more time in case anybody missed the show.

If the weather clears up a bit and Trop Storm whatshername (Andrea?) cuts us some slack, I've got an old Victorian house site lined up for another dig tomorrow morning.

Looks like my "digspeditions" will all be videotaped now, so stay tuned. Maybe there will be a nice Barber or Seated coin in that yard. I think the house dates to circa 1890.

• Options
    mrdqmrdq Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭
    That's awesome and looks like fun. I live in an area that was settled in 1668 by the Europeans but the natives were here for centuries. I wish i had time. Have to put it on my "later" list.

--------T O M---------

-------------------------
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    My 7-year old watched it with me and said "I like that show."
  • Options
    Glad to see you getting out! I'm ready myself!
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>My 7-year old watched it with me and said "I like that show." >>

That's awesome!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>My 7-year old watched it with me and said "I like that show." >>

That's awesome! >>

Indeed! I'm glad to hear it!

(Maybe a certain kid will be asking Santa for a certain electronic device, come December?) image

Hey, Steve/Millennium! Good to see you around. We need to get out together again sometime, so if I get totally skunked at least they can see YOUR finds! (Steve was my first detecting mentor, back in the early '80s, and consistently blows my finds outta the water in both quantity and quality. Maybe if we get together and both put the coil to the soil soon, you'll really have a show worth watchin'!)

PS- go to HIS sigline link if you wanna watch some NICE coin finds being made.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file