Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

How do you come up with a "value" for a POP 1?

If you were going to sell the single highest graded particular card, without any comparable past sales by the majors (PSA, BGS/BVG, SGC), how would you determine a reasonable selling price? Would you use a multiplier of the next highest graded's sale? Obviously the amount of submissions would affect it tremendously, as well as the popularity of the card/set. Just curious as to how people would set up a BUY IT NOW. Thanks, Tom

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭✭
    What the card is strongly affects value.

Is it vintage?

Is it a popular set or card?

Are there even a lot of 9's ?

It's worth only what someone is willing to pay.

Try listing high and add best offer.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    I agree with jay0791. What the card is plays a critical factor. If it is a vintage or very popular card, I will list it high and allow people to make me offers. I also look at the rest of the population of the card itself and determine how many of other grades are out there and what they have been going for. It is really hard to gauge what a card should be listed for but I have been told by many collectors and I truely believe it "A card is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it." It does not hurt to list it high in a buy it now but I allow people to make me offers.
    Looking For:
    PSA 9 Albert Pujols Rookie Cards
    Successful trans. with epatmythes, PFB, johnckhall, kwtoz, mattinglymint23, Foo3112, ssdawg77,
    californiacards3, orioles93, Bkritz
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    1 - Find who collects that set, year, player by scanning the PSA registry

2 - Send an email explaining what you have and if they would be interested in acquiring it.

3 - Once you receive a positive reply ask for an offer.

If you had a card I needed I wouldn't mind at all if you emailed me and explained what you had and that you were taking offers from others....actually I'd appreciate the heads up.

So to answer your question, YOU probably won't come up with a value. Others collectors will, and if you re happy with that "value" then sell the item. image
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    Is it a pop 1 because no one bothers to grade them or because no one can get the card in that high of a grade.
  • Options

<< <i>Is it a pop 1 because no one bothers to grade them or because no one can get the card in that high of a grade. >>

^ the best question ^
  • Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭

<< <i>Is it a pop 1 because no one bothers to grade them or because no one can get the card in that high of a grade. >>

+1
    I build Indians team sets up through the 80's and have run into this. Seller makes a big deal that it's a pop 1, but there are only 3 graded (2 9's and a 10)image
    Need PSA Indians/Browns