Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

kudos to REA--speed 'o light shipping!!

I won 2 lots in the REA auction. Mailed a personal check to them on April 20th--for nearly $7,500

Got my package Friday--April 25th ! Say what? They didn't even wait for my check to clear--in fact it may not have cleared yet

Contrast that with Memory Lane

won a lot in the Memory Lane auction that ended on May 12th. Sent a check on May 15th--That lot was a $500 lot.....still waiting for it to be shipped.....

Past deals with Memory Lane probably total over $20,000--go figure

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    so what did you get Manny?

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the super fast shipping with REA. I mailed my check Friday, item is scheduled to be delivered to my house tomorrow by FedEx.

Robb
  • Options
    backbidderbackbidder Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    In the last Heritage and Memory Lane auctions, I received my items BEFORE I actually sent payment, and I'm far from a high roller with either of them. Thought that was odd.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    got my Memory Lane winnings in less than a week after my check arrived

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    I got my auction winnings before I even bid.

Well, maybe that's not true..... image
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Heritage chooses a % of lots that are shipped each auction before the $$ is received. I called and they said we have to do it that way because of the high # of items shipped.

What's up with Memory Lane? I mean if a buyer has won multiple lots in multiple auctions and spent thousands of dollars in the process--do they HAVE to wait for the check to clear?
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    I think it depends on how lucky you are sometimes. I sent my check into REA last Thursday, it cleared my account on Tuesday, and I just received an email that it shipped via Fedex Ground today. Since I live in California, I'll probably get it mid next week sometime. I'm still very satisfied, but it's not lightning fast as the others. The last time I won something from Heritage, they shipped my winnings the day after the auction before I had even sent my payment in.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    My last Heritage winnings took a month to receive AFTER the check had cleared, and it was $125.
    Needless to say I wasn't in a rush to pay the next invoice. Lets see how long they take this time.
    No one is quicker than REA, Brokelman and Luckey, and Love of the Game

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's