Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1971 Venezuelan Sticker Pete Rose / Roberto Clemente

I am looking for some help. I know there were two cards of Pete Rose in the 1972 Venezuelan Baseball Stamps #65 and #187 and apparently no Clemente. Does anyone know if there is a 1971 Venezuelan Stamp of Rose #254 or Clemente #251? A picture of what is suppose to be 1971 Venezuelan stamps of each was shown to me, but something seems amiss? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).

Comments

• sschauer513sschauer513 Posts: 113 ✭✭
    To my knowledge there is no Rose stamp but if you got a scan of them it would help figure out what it is.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
    I vote fake never seen one before font look similar to the fake 72 stamps and doubt they would have Reds for team should be Rojos plus never heard of 71 stamp before. I'd offer a $3 dollar bill.
    I wonder if they are not Venezuelan, but some other companies sticker?

• firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭
    fakes...
    # 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
    Here is the reply I got when I let the person know I couldn't find anything about the above mentions stickers.

"this are very rare were a series that came to the outskirts of Caracas, are as difficult as 1960 tatoo made in Venezuela".

I'm at a lose on them.

• vols1vols1 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

Looks like the kind of reprint you would cut out of a baseball card magazine

<< <i>Here is the reply I got when I let the person know I couldn't find anything about the above mentions stickers.

"this are very rare were a series that came to the outskirts of Caracas, are as difficult as 1960 tatoo made in Venezuela".

I'm at a lose on them. >>

Way too many unknowns he wants you to believe

1 - unknown card from Caracas never been seen or whispered about in the hobby - I'll say yes it is mildly possible as I've uncovered uncataloged items before but never an entire set at least numbered 250+ before
    2 - Spanish set with no Spanish on it
    3 - they are fresh cut and stayed nrmt for 43 years
    4 - Just happens to have 2 of them both big money cards show me a Mexican player or more of the set gets more believable
    5 - 72 set been proven faked has similar layout so clearly can be faked convincingly

If you can swallow all 5 points above and still have no doubts buy them I'm guessing they are $500+ They have a long way to go before at least I believe they are real.
  • Very fake, but nice looking. I will pay $2 in real money for the Clemente.
    Collecting Matt Alexander, Manny Sanguillen, and Rennie Stennett - pm me with your oddball items for sale or trade!
  • bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
    Fake, but they are quite attractive. I really like the Rose.