Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

how can you tell the front and back cards in an unopened wax pack?

Before one of you "rippers" out there chimes in, I'm keeping the pack sealed. Is there a trick to be able to see them? Very rarely can I see through to tell who the players are. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Tom

Comments

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    Which set is it?

it's easy enough for those of us that have been collecting long enough to recognize the card by just seeing part of it through the wrapper
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    The simple answer is with your eyes lol, however it all depends on what year and wrapper style your are looking at. Take 86 Topps Football, damn near impossible to see anything. Then you have 78 OPC baseball, without issue you can see front and back players. Then you have the in betweens where you know what the key cards look like and can kinda of search those for key position of bat, foot etc. I do quick scans for the big stuff, some others likely spend hours tracking and determing each and every one.

Whatever works for you.
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Which set is it?

Well, for instance 1981 or 1985 Topps Football
  • Options
    Place your ear close to the pack and the player will whisper his name. Then reverse the pack and repeat.
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Place your ear close to the pack and the player will whisper his name. Then reverse the pack and repeat. >>

+1

I once had Dick Pole on the front of a 75 pack and I thought he was just whispering profanity into my ear.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    Place your ear close to the pack and the player will whisper his name. Then reverse the pack and repeat.

I knew I came to the right place for deep, insightful, responsesimage