Home Sports Talk
Options

which is worse: sports or rock star wannabe's that fail

both can be quite annoying i've met minor league baseball players who thought they were on top of the world but end up washing dishes. have also known a lot of music people wannabe's who were pretty pathetic, and ended up being so. with both, if the first contract comes in, you're golden, if no contract than both are simple little wannabe minions who need their daddies. the worst off though i'd say are the wannabe rock stars. '5 album contracts' don;t even pay anything until 4th album. sports guys, if signed, get the bucks.

excuse this inquiry, am getting rid of a britney griner stupid post as it keeps coming back. and being reminded of griner when coming here is also annoying. eeeeeeeeeeeeeck.

Comments

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    What kind of comments are you looking for?...there's barely any NBA discussion on this board, so I suspect I'll be the only reply to this thread.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the WNBA, but I did hear this:

She's the first WNBA player to ever dunk twice in the same game.

She also ties 2 others for "most career slam dunks", with 2.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    She shares her birthday with Martina Navratilova, Lindsey Vonn, Mike Ditka, and Lee Harvey Oswald.
  • Options
    removing this post as it was idiotic to those who dig and watch videos of britney.
  • Options
    AkbarCloneAkbarClone Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭
    What you are suggesting is rather ridiculous--in American sports culture, there is no way that a person can be a national prospect in high school, a star in college at a major university, and then get into a professional sports organization and not be the gender they represent.

Athletes are required to get official physicals starting before high school, and team doctors are part of every level of college, and I'm sure the professional sports teams also have a full staff of medical professionals looking after their team.

I have a hard time believing this could be a "legit inquiry". Maybe you just never played any sports--I remember having to get my first doctor's physical along with every other kid in our city who wanted to play little league baseball.
    I collect Vintage Cards, Commemorative Sets, and way too many vintage and modern player collections in Baseball (180 players), Football (175 players), and Basketball (87 players). Also have a Dallas Cowboy team collection.
  • Options
    whoa, dude. Its 2013.
  • Options
    I've got a man-crush.
  • Options

<< <i>I asked about mentioning this because, well, I'm on Phoenix and we get the 'daily local sports news' of course. Seeing many interviews. I don't know how to say this other than, this is NOT someone who was born to play in the WNBA. The NBA yes, but not the WNBA. What specifically is the proper context to bring up this discussion ? Not looking for trouble here, this is a legit inquiry. I just simply can't root here. No response requested if this treads where things should not go. >>

What Phoenix area 'daily local sports news' source supports this?
  • Options
    He's not helping much, the team is 0-2.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I asked about mentioning this because, well, I'm on Phoenix and we get the 'daily local sports news' of course. Seeing many interviews. I don't know how to say this other than, this is NOT someone who was born to play in the WNBA. The NBA yes, but not the WNBA. What specifically is the proper context to bring up this discussion ? Not looking for trouble here, this is a legit inquiry. I just simply can't root here. No response requested if this treads where things should not go. >>

You sound like an idiot.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

So if a guy was born NOT to play in the NBA, should he be allowed to play in the WNBA? What about the Lingerie League instead of the NFL?

Maybe you should stop getting your 'daily local sports news' from Reddit.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

You sound like an idiot. >>

Agreed. speaking of idiots....

Just a few workout tips for my PSA family that I know you will all appreciate. I call it WINNING:

I usually begin my workouts with a 10 minute flexing routine in front of the nearest, available, full-length mirror. Then, I carefully scan the ENTIRE workout area fervently looking for the littlest lifter in the place. I quickly make my way over to him (or her) and thoroughly outlift him, station by station, as he moves through his entire routine. I really haven't improved much strength-wise, but my self-esteem is through the roof!!!! Try it. It works. The look of abject defeat on some of these little kids is priceless. You're welcome. I just wanted to get this thread back to a reasonable track!
  • Options
    Out of the 12 teams in the WNBA, the Mercury are 11th in rebounding. Britney is having a real impact.
  • Options
    Down by 27 at halftime. On there way to 0-3.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Down by 27 at halftime. On there way to 0-3. >>

Are you actually watching the WNBA tonight?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Down by 27 at halftime. On there way to 0-3. >>

Are you actually watching the WNBA tonight? >>

YES!
  • Options
    Mercury are now 1-3. They beat the Fever. I got a Fever for Britney.
  • Options
    Mercury game tonight. Go Britney!
  • Options
    you and me both man. gotta have it. wait. gotta have me.

The 'I'm just loosening my arm' commercial is possoibly the greatest sports related commecial ever.
  • Options
    Mercury with a 16 point win!
  • Options
    Another win for the Mercury, at .500.
  • Options
    Back below .500, Mercury lose.
  • Options
    Mercury with a win, back to .500. Britney with 21 points.
  • Options
    she's really been mannin' up in these games lately
  • Options
    Mercury win! Britney with a game high 26 points.
  • Options
    Mercury with another win, now 6-4.