Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Probstein123 is a looking to hire a consignment director...

Probstein123 is a looking to hire a consignment director...
The primary responsibility will be to bring in new business....
Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 10 Million in sales in 2013 .
The new consignment director will be required to
travel to shows nationwide and develop new consignment relationships...
Strong knowledge of both the sports card and autograph//memorabilia markets is a must....Candidates must have strong client relationship skills ...
Salary will be draw against commission....
Likely salary with bonuses: low end 50K, high end $150K
Please send resumes to rickprobstein1@gmail.com
Rick Probstein
Ebay Store:
Probstein123
phone: 973 747 6304
email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a fun opportunity for someone! Good luck with your search Rick!
    I have no collecting direction. I just buy stuff!
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. What a fun and potentially lucrative position! I imagine you are getting hundreds of resumes. Good luck going through them.

Maybe you should hire a headhunter to help you find the right person!

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭

<< <i>
    Probstein123 is currently on pace to exceed more than 10 Million in sales in 2013 .
    >>

Have you considered hiring a lobbyist? image
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    "I imagine you are getting hundreds of resumes"

He may be getting the resumes but only a few of them will fit the job requirements.
    The "strong client relationship skills" is always in limited supply. Combine that with strong knowledge of both
    the sports card & auto/memorabilia market and it's going to be a tough fill IMO.
    I'd throw my hat in the ring but I've finished one career and not hungry enough to start another. Besides
    I'd suck at it.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    Best of luck Rick.

Rick is doing so well, his mother got a tattoo on her chest that says son.
    Rick is so smart that he can speak fluent Russian, in French.
    Rick's business is doing so well that Cuba has begun importing cigars from him.
  • Options
    He definitely should NOT hire a collector. A mix of business, supply chain management, and sales, would probably work with this. Would be a cool gig. Unless the min was initially 100k, due to the travel requirements, it could suck. If the selected candidate works out though, dump the actual salary back to the 50K and the commissions could quadruple it. good luck to whoever joins, am sure no beanie required.
    This would definitely be a cool gig. (sign a contract for 5 years at least)
  • Options
    maybe Lisa Bole is available
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>maybe Lisa Bole is available >>

Go away troll! You have more personalities than Sybil!!! image
  • Options
    If I Could do that from dallas and not have to move image

Rich
    Plano, Tx. Card Show #5, Sunday March 6, 2016 at Adat Chaverim (Northeast Corner Independence and Spring Creek) in Plano Tx 9Am to 4 PM. See you there!
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that sounds awesome if i werent still in school.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>maybe Lisa Bole is available >>

Go away troll! You have more personalities than Sybil!!! image >>

If you've finally figured out how to tell a Milton Bradley Ryan RC from a regular Topps, maybe you could throw your hat into the ring
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    i doubt i'd qualify for this position until i spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express.
  • Options
    This would be the perfect job for me but unless this includes room and board I'm affraid I'd spend every cent I made bidding on his auctions!!!! If I was just better with not trying to collect everything ever made I would be perfect.......
  • Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    I would take the job but I would need a expense account of $425 a night.
  • Options
    ArchaninatorArchaninator Posts: 823 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>How about Director of Safety Bidding...spend the $50K for someone to police your unsupervised auctions. Forget that...growth at any co$t! >>

Or we could all take responsibility for ourselves and pay prices we are comfortable with. Why would Rick pay someone 50K so that you don't overpay on an auction?
  • Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    I love the shots people take...(note sarcasm)

I wish I were 20 years younger. Great opportunity for someone. Best of luck on the search!
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I love the shots people take...(note sarcasm) >>

Mdube....don't worry about him. He is an alt/troll. He has been kicked off the CU boad more times than you can shake a stick at.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I love the shots people take...(note sarcasm) >>

Mdube....don't worry about him. He is an alt/troll. He has been kicked off the CU boad more times than you can shake a stick at. >>

I think Mdube was referring to the shots taken at Probstein and his business, not me. I love how you assume that someone here was taking up for you
  • Options
    totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 928 ✭✭✭
    Wish I had more knowledge of all sports/all eras.

I'm a fast learner, but prolly not fast enough.
  • Options
    nflhofnflhof Posts: 189 ✭✭
    Do you need to be located in New Jersey to be considered for this opportunity?
  • Options
    vols1vols1 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How about Director of Safety Bidding...spend the $50K for someone to police your unsupervised auctions. Forget that...growth at any co$t! >>

Or we could all take responsibility for ourselves and pay prices we are comfortable with. Why would Rick pay someone 50K so that you don't overpay on an auction? >>

Or you could go to jail like Bill Mastro
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    Okay, here's the deal, I'm not here to waste your time. Okay, I certainly hope you're not here to waste mine, so I'm gonna keep this short. Become an employee of this firm, you will make your first million within three years. Okay, I'm gonna repeat that, you will make a million dollars, within three years of your first day of employment. There's no question as to whether you become a millionaire working here. The only question is, how many times over. You think I'm joking . . . I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? Let me tell ya, it's a weird thing to say: I am a millionaire. And guess how old I am . . . 27, you know what that makes me here? A senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I happen to be very good at my job or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You are the future of this firm. Now you all look money hungry and that's good. Anybody who tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't have any. They say money can't buy happiness. Look at the smile on my face! Ear to ear baby! You want details, fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet . . . I have a ridiculous house at the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, I am liquid. So now you know what's possible, let me tell you what's required. You are required to work your butt off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A Piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time? People come to work at this firm for one reason, to become filthy rich, that's it. We're not here to make friends, we're not saving the manatees here guys. You want vacation time, go teach third grade at a public school.
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Boiler Room - GREAT movie!

My favorite part of that scene is he's not smiling when he says that part!
    Nikklos
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, here's the deal, I'm not here to waste your time. Okay, I certainly hope you're not here to waste mine, so I'm gonna keep this short. Become an employee of this firm, you will make your first million within three years. Okay, I'm gonna repeat that, you will make a million dollars, within three years of your first day of employment. There's no question as to whether you become a millionaire working here. The only question is, how many times over. You think I'm joking . . . I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? Let me tell ya, it's a weird thing to say: I am a millionaire. And guess how old I am . . . 27, you know what that makes me here? A senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I happen to be very good at my job or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You are the future of this firm. Now you all look money hungry and that's good. Anybody who tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't have any. They say money can't buy happiness. Look at the smile on my face! Ear to ear baby! You want details, fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet . . . I have a ridiculous house at the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, I am liquid. So now you know what's possible, let me tell you what's required. You are required to work your butt off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A Piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time? People come to work at this firm for one reason, to become filthy rich, that's it. We're not here to make friends, we're not saving the manatees here guys. You want vacation time, go teach third grade at a public school. >>

Boiler Room...good flick.
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    I am certain I could this job.

Took $3,000 a year and a half ago then an additional $500 and have rolled it into this inventory in a year and half.

Not to mention I have used Probstein and his service practically pays for itself. It's an easy sale.

qualitycardservice
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options
    ExodusExodus Posts: 348 ✭✭✭
    I am certain I could this job image
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Okay, here's the deal, I'm not here to waste your time. Okay, I certainly hope you're not here to waste mine, so I'm gonna keep this short. Become an employee of this firm, you will make your first million within three years. Okay, I'm gonna repeat that, you will make a million dollars, within three years of your first day of employment. There's no question as to whether you become a millionaire working here. The only question is, how many times over. You think I'm joking . . . I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? Let me tell ya, it's a weird thing to say: I am a millionaire. And guess how old I am . . . 27, you know what that makes me here? A senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I happen to be very good at my job or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You are the future of this firm. Now you all look money hungry and that's good. Anybody who tells you that money is the root of all evil, doesn't have any. They say money can't buy happiness. Look at the smile on my face! Ear to ear baby! You want details, fine. I drive a Ferrari 355 Cabriolet . . . I have a ridiculous house at the South Fork. I have every toy you could possibly imagine. And best of all, I am liquid. So now you know what's possible, let me tell you what's required. You are required to work your butt off at this firm. We want winners here, not pikers. A piker walks at the bell. A Piker asks how much vacation time you get in the first year. Vacation time? People come to work at this firm for one reason, to become filthy rich, that's it. We're not here to make friends, we're not saving the manatees here guys. You want vacation time, go teach third grade at a public school. >>

what about women?

eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    This is right up my alley. I know a few tricks of the trade.
  • Options
    I can handle ye ship. alls i ask be a flask 'o spiced rum, some jim laddie butter, 'n a couple 'o liberators fer th' ladies. i'd have ye business motorin' faster than a hummin' bird in heat.

every tom, dick and harry here thinks they're a pro. i can hold me own sword quite well, but only burgundy is the true swashbuckling fiend. Even th' ciallus scurvy dog couldn't run wit' his hounds.
  • Options
    quick update....

loads of great resumes so far....

we are gonna do live interviews at the national for those not local
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    When I saw this job posting I immediately thought of only one person.

Absolutely perfect for the job: Knows all sports, great eye for graded and raw cards, Know past/future of sports, hofers
    pleasant to talk and deal with, and already knows tons of collectors and hounds them for cards he needs...often with much success.

and is from Jersey

When I emailed him he was happy at current position and not interested.

Hope rick gets a good card bloodhound.
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    is Juan Dog available?
  • Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    Rick posted at 2:18 AM. If those are the hours, going to leave little time for drinking.
  • Options

<< <i>Rick posted at 2:18 AM. If those are the hours, going to leave little time for drinking. >>

How do you sell the fact that PWCC seems to get better prices?
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Rick posted at 2:18 AM. If those are the hours, going to leave little time for drinking. >>

Doesn't that mean that it was 5:18 am eastern time in NJ? Pretty early in the morning rather than late at night....
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>is Juan Dog available? >>

His father told me he was replacing Reed.
  • Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

<< <i>
    His father told me he was replacing Reed. >>

Are you referring to me or some other Reed?

BTW, I'm irreplaceable.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options
    Doesn't that mean that it was 5:18 am eastern time in NJ?
    ==> yes, I'm up at 5am most days ...
    I go to sleep at midnight typically...5 hrs shut eye is enough for me...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Do you by chance sleep in a box?
  • Options

<< <i>Best of luck Rick.

Rick is doing so well, his mother got a tattoo on her chest that says son.
    Rick is so smart that he can speak fluent Russian, in French.
    Rick's business is doing so well that Cuba has begun importing cigars from him. >>

• Options

I thought you said you were going to make it short?