Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Flea Market Finds: Decent Mays

Have not been to a flea market in 20+ years looking for cards but as the family had abandoned me for the weekend...

Ventured to the local flea market and managed not to impulse buy any chickens or baby turtles.

Also apparently vintage Nintendo games are the #1 collectible in America based on booths at the flea market.

But did find two guys selling cards.

Mays is well centered and sharp corners - maybe an 8?

Found a set of "Gold Leaf" rookies with most of the cards having silver foil - seems like a heard something about these once.

Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
saucywombat@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
    nintendo games are where its at, if thiere selling cheap the rewards you shall reap
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options
    I LOVE original grey carts NES games. I collected from 2002-2005 very actively and I found some great deals at Flea Markets. I stopped at about 260 games but I agree, Ive picked up games that today sell for $100 and I got them for $5. Besides, original Nintendo is still awesome.

BTW, Nice Mays lol
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭

Looks good in a PSA holder.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Good job on the Mays. Looks great in the holder.
  • Options
    You've got a good eye!!
  • Options
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    That's a great grade for a flea market find. Great looking card in the slab. On a separate note, Mays in a Mets uniform just doesn't look right.

Steve
    Steve
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Good call on the Mays.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭
    Nice. Thanks for the update.
    Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Just out of curiosity what did you pay for the Mays? $20? I am really curious what one pays for a hidden treasure.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    I paid $17 from the "sale" pile and picked up a couple packs of cards to make it an even $20. Good guy - he even threw in a few junk wax packs to boot. Basically had "book" value on everything regardless of condition, good and bad.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    Good lookin card.