Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My 1982 "NO FG" Kennedy half submitted to PCGS was graded MS-66 but put in a generic &quot

apollo14apollo14 Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
Question for the group:

I recently submitted a 1982 "No FG" Kennedy half to PCGS, and clearly marked on my submission form that it was a "No FG" variety. I was thrilled with the MS-66 grade, but not thrilled that the label simply reads "1982" without designating it as the "No FG" variety. Was this an error of some sort on my end or on theirs?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you paid for variety attribution it is their fault.
    If you did not add funds for variety attribution it is no ones fault.

peacockcoins

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    since we don't have images, we have to take for granted your coin may not be a no FG as well as the form being filled incorrectly, incorrect funds and/or pcgs making a mistake etc.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    The coin is definately a "NO FG".

That being the case, was I supposed to take an extra step in the submission process (and pay an additional fee in addition to my $16.00 "Moderns" fee), other than just noting on the form as a line-item remark that it was a "NO FG" coin?
  • Options
    ... OK, I reviewed the PCGS submission information and see where I went wrong. Many thanks for all of your help!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The coin is definately a "NO FG".

That being the case, was I supposed to take an extra step in the submission process (and pay an additional fee in addition to my $16.00 "Moderns" fee), other than just noting on the form as a line-item remark that it was a "NO FG" coin? >>

Yes.

Modern Variety Attributions reguire that you check the "Variety Attribution" box under "Additional Services/Fees" and then pay an additional $24 for each coin which is to be attributed.

It adds up rather quickly and frankly, I'm surprised they did not contact you for the additional fee's. USUALLY, if a variety is indicated in the "Variety" column of the submission form and you have not included the attribution fee, they contact the submitter requesting either the additional fee.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,568 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Error: The coin has no "FG" initials.
    Meta Error: The Slab has no no "FG" initials.

It reminds me of Streetfighter: The Game based on the movie.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you ever send it back in for attribution?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file