Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Does anyone have any experience with Timeline Auctions?

I was surfing online and came across them (Timeline Auctions) and wondered how accurate or conservative they are with their descriptions and grading. They seem to have occasional stuff that, on paper, seem to be within my collecting range.

TIA,

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    I've bought from TimeLine once. Good service but it took forever (over a month) to receive the package.
  • Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭
    make sure you know shipping charges before you bid.
    Some brits love to fill their buddies pockets who operate a shipping company. And suddenly a simple envelope has to be shipped as a parcel with export papers etc.....
    I walked in to that trap once some time ago. 2 10 cent coins, fitting perfectly into a simple envelope , total value 120 GBP, now ended up being shipped as a parcel with export papers. Cost 41 GBP
    NOT I said...
    Several phone calls later to the shipper and the auctioneer, we agreed on 10 GBP to be shipped as a letter.
    I have noted other GB auctioneers to engage in this very nasty and expensive practice. I hate to say it, but they do not care.
    I now always make sure what I am up against with shipping costs.
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    Now that I think about it, the issue with delayed shipping that I had with them was in customs. I purchased a couple of antiquities that required a bunch of paperwork to be ok'd by customs before they would let it ship. The people I stayed in contact with were quick to respond and courteous, so no problems with TimeLine themselves. It was a few years back as I recall.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    YQQ, I find your story hilariously ironic because I recently sold a coin to a Brit and he griped about shipping and customs (shipped from US to UK). My stated policy was Priority Mail because I wanted the tracking data. But the Brit didn't want to pay the fee. He told me that he regularly received packages from US for $5-6 (which, incidentally, later became "$6-7" and later "$7-9"). In the end, I agreed to send it First Class for about $7 but on the customs form I stated the value of the coin. He told me after he received it, that his customs agent taxed him over £25. I kinda felt bad but if you're going to mail across the pond you should expect to shell out a little extra.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE