Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Pidyon HaBen Coins of Israel

Grandmother gave them to me. The Unc's look nice and the proofs a bit hazy. Each one is 26 gr. of 90% silver and 37mm in dia.
Basically the same as Morgan, a bit lighter. Checked them out on Ebay, seems there's little interest, even at less than melt.
Collectible? The Unc's are dated 1971, didn't see a date on the proofs. All the OGP came with them. If I can't get melt, guess I'll keep em.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• You'll need all five to redeem your first-born son. (And if it's a caesarean you don't redeem at all.)
    Salute the automobile: The greatest anti-pollution device in human history!
    (Just think of city streets clogged with a hundred thousand horses each generating 15 lbs of manure every day...)
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You'll need all five to redeem your first-born son. (And if it's a caesarean you don't redeem at all.) >>

And if the mohel did not show up on the eighth day, it is written you must send them to me....... image
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Checked them out on Ebay, seems there's little interest, even at less than melt. >>

That seems strange, considering they come in a nice box.

Do my eyes deceive me, or is that little plaque also silver... or silver plated? It sort of looks like it. Plated, I guess, if there's any silver at all.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • IcollecteverythingIcollecteverything Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭
    Well, if your Grandma gave them to you and they are only worth melt, you probably should keep them.

Successful BST deals with mustangt and jesbroken. Now EVERYTHING is for sale.

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And if the mohel did not show up on the eighth day, it is written you must send them to me.......

roflmao

Just hold on to them - not worth selling em now....especially if grams gave them to you.....